2011 STI P2443 Code

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Have they swapped the entire air injection system? All the hoses, two valves, and the pump? Or just the valves?

brycetron

Don't think they changed the hoses but not 100%. I know he said they cleaned them. They did swap everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brycetron

Possible or maybe moisture gets in through a pinhole and causes issues. Like I stated. It only comes in when it's wet out. Not cold and dry. Just wet. And the starting issue only occurs the very next time I try to start it after the code arises. Doesn't do it again. Like the code is messing with the ecu somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brycetron

To update.  They tested the valve.  The valve was bad again.  Now Evergreen is working with SOA to figure out why my car keeps eating the valve.  

I did look up the lemon Law for Maine.  I would have a case for that on multiple points of the law if I really wanted.......
that's all for now  
default_additional_fishing.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

brycetron

Got the car today with the call everyone wants to hear.  "great news, car is fixed.  Pick it up anytime."   I had a much better experience this time around apposed to my original post.  Great communication and a pretty quick turnaround. Glad to have the car back.  It was a fun ride home to Waterville.

I hope this is case closed on this nagging issue.  Here is the write up on the slip.  Maybe it can help someone else someday.

"Tech found bank 1 secondary valve assembly seized. P2443. Tested both B1 and B2 valves, okay, bench tested valves Okay. electrical system checked out and tested okay. checked exhaust back pressure to both valves. Bank 2 was weak. spoke to tech line.  Removed header, up pipe, down pipe and turbo to expose where B1 tube mounts to the head.  Gasket Deteriorated and clogging the exhaust port. replaced gasket and all other gaskets relating."

So there.  A damaged or worn out gasket blocking airflow.  So simple yet so shitty.  bad spot to get too i'd say.

As to why it would pop up when it was wet.  Maybe a destroyed gasket was allowing too much moisture into the system and compounding the problem.  Who knows.  Thanks for the Input in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back