2011 Subaru STi Sedan. Giving into popular demand

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
yeah stop using armoral.

if I use it on mine it does the same thing. My dash isn't all that soft. maybe I need to stick my head back in an 08-09

Iboc_C64

Hey, WTF!
Go back and read the part immediately after what you quoted. I was saying that if your car was modified to look like that it would be lame, if you leave it the way it is its wayyyyyy cooler IMHO.

The car above is basically a lame version of WRXnates car. (Im not saying Nate's car is lame, quite the opposite actually)
See.

-----Added 12/3/2009 at 03:11:25-----

yeah stop using armoral.
if I use it on mine it does the same thing. My dash isn't all that soft. maybe I need to stick my head back in an 08-09
Yeah I have used it on a friends Neon before, I knew it would be bad so I used turtle wax ice instead.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
All this talk about plastic - The car needs more power
default_additional_bump.gif

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
All this talk about plastic - The car needs more power
default_idk.gif
no, the STI's got gobs of power already.

needs less plastic, less metal less doors less nav less sound system less sunroof less other crap that weighs it down and makes it an automotive lard-butt
default_additional_bump.gif

needs smaller brakes so that useful-size wheels can fit

needs less bling, more zing, less exhaust to make it sing.

i-wagon

so everyone loves the hatchback, and some love the coupe...why not make it a 3 door hatch like a vw rabbit?

best of all worlds ftw!

i-wagon

i didn't say i wanted it to be like a rabbit, i want it like a sti 3 door hatch.....or to look like a newer angrier rs coupe

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
i didn't say i wanted it to be like a rabbit, i want it like a sti 3 door hatch.....or to look like a newer angrier rs coupe

I agree...and I have a bias for this style. A 3-door STi will be lighter yet still hold the structural strength of a hatch....take a look at what it dominating the WRC;)

stiXXX

An 08/09 STi hood fits a WRX sedan, clean swap, from what I just read.

If it's a non-CVT automatic, I call SELL OUT/Epic FAIL!

Otherwise, I'll wait and watch.

IMO SoA will sell out the STi brand, irreversably, by 2011, leaving it a shell of what we once knew.

(Reference their Epic Fail de-tuning the '08 WRX, for starters!)

We shall see, my hopes aren't high at all.

-----Added 12/3/2009 at 07:56:07-----

The Subaru/Toyota joint project-rwd "Celica-to-be" w/a 2.2L boxer motor, is ON for a 2011 release for the 2012 model year.

Btw, it's designed to DRIFT!
default_additional_sillylol.gif

Stein

Stein
I don't mind the plastics that much. They seem to flex even when aged rather than break like some of my european cars (Saab, volvo, BMW, mercedes)
Holy crap. That's a lot of cars. Do you own one of each of those currently?
default_biggrin.png

The Subaru/Toyota joint project-rwd "Celica-to-be" w/a 2.2L boxer motor, is ON for a 2011 release for the 2012 model year.Btw, it's designed to DRIFT!
I can't wait. I have a feeling that sometime after I'm out of college, I'll be picking one up as fun-car, but not a daily driver.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
in the family we are just missing the BMW right now. But I have a friend with one.

L-town

I love me a toyobaru awd coupe. Black on black I hear Subaru is hush on drivetrain awd or rwd

stiXXX

It's stated as rwd from SoA & Toyota in this month's "Automobile" & Motor Trend.

Also, forced induction and a drop-top.

It's the new Celica, w/ a boxer motor.

Since SoA does ALL cars in AWD, this is an interesting departure.

Last edited by a moderator:

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Id like to see them make a 2 door sedan style sti. Something like if they combined a 2.5rs with a newer sti.

stiXXX

If they release a rwd (or better, AWD!) turbo 2.2L boxer, I'm dumping the '09 Accord Coupe the day they're released.

It's a great looking car too-I'm dying to see it in black!

EddieHunt05

If they release a rwd (or better, AWD!) turbo 2.2L boxer, I'm dumping the '09 Accord Coupe the day they're released.It's a great looking car too-I'm dying to see it in black!
x2 ill have me one

stiXXX

The USDM LGT isn't any better in that regard than a JDM STi, just bigger.

If you want bullet-proof, no-rattle rides, buy Hondas.
default_cheerleader.gif

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
Still looks like a Camry.

That front end...it looks like a nose dive imminent to looking like a sucker fish....

but it is a sedan. I like the beam behind the seat, the trunk cavity is a good acoustic keeper, if sealed.

beware of the electronics pig. no way out....

Latest posts

Back