A tale of two tows...no this isn't a foot thing

topdeeni

As is common kwowledge my STi is being a garage princes with yet another case of turbo kaputness, or so it would seem..

First thing this AM I called AAA to get it towed to M/A to check and evaluate the conflabbit thing. I carefully explain to them my car is AWD, lowered, needs a flatbed and someone who works well with such cars, no problemo.

The first flatbed shows up with the owner of the company, a younger employee and a pickup truck chasing...Looks like one of the guys friends. To protect anyone who runs into the need for a tow we will refer to him as:

Auto-Tech

581 propect st

Rumford Maine

Phillip Zinck "proprietor"....AKA

larry-harmon-as-bozo-the-clown.jpg

The first was the lack of any sort of wood or extra ramp material to deal with a lowered car so I dig into my garage to help the guy out. While searching he is crying how AAA only pays him $70.00 for a tow, he hates them and this isn't worth it... YEah shuddup buddy! Ten minutes later my car slowly creeps towards the back of his flatbed, gently pushing up on my front airdam because of the angle which is very concerning so I ask him to stop and solve this... We need to add altitude to the front of my car, I am left to engineer the ramps and am not pleased that he was on the way to dragging my airdam and perhaps my FMIC along the deck...I am just about all done with these guys but still polite. Then the wife comes out and starts asking what is going on and Y am I doing this. She gets into a discussion which leads to comments such as..."It's just a subaru".."I wouldn't be seen dead in this"..."Why would anyone put any $$$ into a subaru"....."I have towed cars that cost ten times more than this".... and of course the inevitable comments about how much it sucks to work for AAA..blah blah..blah. Right about now I had an ingenious idea...I start picking up the ramps and stacking them in my driveway, I politely ask them to help me push my car back into the garage and then they are invited to get out **** out of my yard and pound sand. Being the sweetheart I am I call AAA right up and let them know exacatly what these guys get paid for a tow and then explain the rest of the stuff.

They send out two company #2...

The second tow company who I shall jokingly refer to as:

Adley's Auto Sales & Service

486 Propest St

Rumford Maine

Brad Adley showed up....hehehe!

364-3700

851-4365 pager

800-270-3701

He shows up alone. I shake his hand and invite him to look around my car. I explain to him I just had an issue with another AAA towing company who was on their way to injuring my car, he looks at me and replies with..."Who was it Auto-tech?"...hmmm, think he has done this before. He studies my car, examins the driveway, back ups to my garage and lowers his flat bed. A few pieces of wood later and a slight straightening of the wheels and he is off and running to M/A.

Nice guy, I guess he has towed a lot of corvette's so this was not an issue for him. His only comments after requesting to see the engine and peeking at the suspension was..."I think a Vette may be an inch or two lower"... Even before I can react to his comment (how dare a Vette have nicer suspension) my car is up on the flatbed and being strapped down.....The bottom of my car never came within three inches of the ground and as far as I know saefely on its way to M/A. The expectation is is wiil come off as quickly and easily as it went on. Great job and great guy with a monster good attittude.

erm... I wouldn't call Auto-Tech to tow my bigwheel to the dumpster its parked next to. If Ur ever in my area and need a tow I would make sure to request that it IS NOT them.

hopefully M/A will reply when my car safely touches down...

Last edited by a moderator:

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
wow that sucks dude first guy kinda reminds me of the guy that pulled me out of the ditch in 05 (what a tool) glad the 2nd guy was much better to you and actualy knew what he was doing

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Ive had a lot of good tow truck drivers latley between my saab and subaru. It usually scares the **** out of them when they see how low the front lip is. Then I just tell them the front bumper is really flexible and I rip it off to show them. That usual cheers them up
default_additional_ranting.gif

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Ive had a lot of good tow truck drivers latley between my saab and subaru. It usually scares the **** out of them when they see how low the front lip is. Then I just tell them the front bumper is really flexible and I rip it off to show them. That usual cheers them up
default_additional_iam.gif
default_additional_ranting.gif

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
My car has been towed twice. Once by a guy who was pretty cool, and once by a complete idiot... this is what ensued

img_2190.jpg

So, yeah, I can feel your pain with idiotic tow truck drivers.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
my nick in a subaru..tow truck..hmmm. 13 years..just once.

The only time with a tow is after a totalling and parts stripping, the sound of the decrepid mess scraping horrifying sounds to its final destination.
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back