adding elevation

topdeeni

ok so it appears as of tuesday I will own Bratmans 2000 RS and it is no secret I plan on taking steps to gain ground clearance.

I have seen what MR Clark has done with his OBS and am still researching the availability of said items for the RS. I have also read somewhere adding certain Fozzy suspension parts will also add elevation.

I plan of putting more rubber underneath the car that will be more copsestetic with offroad/winter use. I would really appreciate some input on above mentioned methods or anything else U may have on said subject.

More than likely the xext question will be how much more rubber will fit under the car and what to use.....

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I believe Gabe can help you with the struts!! Do you plan on sticking with 15" or 16" wheels? The stock ones are 16". 15"s will clear the brakes, and you could get some more side wall to absorb more slideways action:D.

SUBARUDE

yes i have a 99 foz at my disposal that the whole strut ass. will swap into the rs and also i have a set of 3 almost new 93-01 impreza tein coilovers strut complete ass. (1 front and both rears) that could be also adjusted to add hieght as well you would just need to buy 1 new missing front

topdeeni

this is the second mention of the "gabe" gentleman... I think I have seen him around here once or twice b4...

How much elevation will the struts add?

15's...taller tires...mo' dirt action.

he also types faster than me...

Last edited by a moderator:

SUBARUDE

the coilovers you could go with what ever hieght you want from 1" to around 2.5"

the fozzy struts you are looking 2.5"-3"

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I would imagine they would add a couple inches easy, then if you put a bigger tire on, you'll gain some more from that. I highly recommend dealing with Gabe!!! He will hook you up and will do it for a reasonable price as well.

He types faster than me too:lol:

topdeeni

the coilovers you could go with what ever hieght you want from 1" to around 2.5"
the fozzy struts you are looking 2.5"-3"
is that real inches or man inches? I lean more towards the fozzy set up for the sake of the altitdue gained.

I imagine in a perfect world the sewbie struts are lesss $$$ than the tein's..I don't think subaru sends out all those kewl stickers though..

However if I did the Teins I could have two subaru's with Tein setups...oh yay:2468:

did U see anything else in my garage U wanted?

SUBARUDE

what you still have stuff left in there
default_frown.gif

topdeeni

Some....

I got a steel ATV rim with a serious flat spot in it along with a big black shredded wheat that used to B a tire.. Will fit Yamaha....

There is still a few misc. pieces laying about including the OEM 06 rims and sneakers. I think there is a cross member for the front body work that came out with the FMIC, a couple shafts that Nigel insists didn't come out of my car.. A drive shaft assembly, my factory intercooler squirter bottle (YAY!) and a few left over dorito's that mice may or may not have gotten into...

oh yeah... and that silly silly Manta Ray towable that has paralysis written all over it!

On a more serious note... how are the struts U have acces to? how much life do U think they have and what would U like for them?

SUBARUDE

we could probably work something out for the rims and sneaks but i will let you buy the car first before we get to involved in a deal
default_frown.gif

topdeeni

.... i will let you buy the car first before we get to involved in a deal
default_frown.gif
yeah that sounds good although it is pretty much a done dealio IMHO. I got the EZ part done, talking about it....

Nice to know what kind of lift I can expect, It now raises the tire question thoug... got any 15's that like it dirty?

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
PM Nigel he will hook you up! will this new ride be ready for next weekends drive? we need to get you on the sand before they add snow to it (although that can be fun too)

topdeeni

PM Nigel he will hook you up! will this new ride be ready for next weekends drive? we need to get you on the sand before they add snow to it (although that can be fun too)
I dunno...but if U keep stalling I will make it...

& how did I know U would have some rims....
default_frown.gif
:( got a pic?

HR radness

His royal radness
I have a set of 15"s with a set of gravels already mounted that would work quite well for your offroad excursions, PM me

SUBARUDE

yes those are the rims and i was thinking around $200 for the whole set of 4 (tophats,springs and struts) which are in good condtion

topdeeni

yes those are the rims and i was thinking around $200 for the whole set of 4 (tophats,springs and struts) which are in good condtion
we should talk soon....anything in my garage U want with the exception of a certain 06 STi, a 4runner and a couple Yamaha's...

I need to start a poll, the wife doesn't beleive that this RS will B looking dope raised up with fatter sneakerz...

Latest posts

Back