Any Airmen in subie land?

L-town

IF so I have questions. I'm 26 and feeling the call of duty. I've tried school, Ive tried working, I've tried starting a business. Nothing has worked. I'm starting to feel the call to give back to my country before it gets too late. I know that age limit for enlisting in airforce is 27 with out college degree but I'll have my associates so I would prob go in as officer. Anybody have any pros and cons for me? I'm open to all

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
My brother in law is in the airforce and at the ripe old age of 37 will be retiring in just a couple years!! He loves it and highly recommends it to anyone. He is in the military police and says do NOT do that. You can only work up so high in that field, and wishes he had done something different. He took me for a tour in North Carolina of the base down there and it is awesome. I asked lots of questions and it sounds great, but be prepared for relocation!! that's the main reason I didn't join. I say go for it

L-town

Relocation is my main reason for wanting to get in! I've heard nothing but good from a lot of people

IBratmanI

Relocation is my main reason for wanting to get in! I've heard nothing but good from a lot of people
I have a family, that's why relocating is hard. We are quite established where we are, and it would be very hard for us. But if you are able to pick up and go, then go for it!!!! My brother in law has seen many awesome places, he is married, so when he does get sent away for 6 months, it sucks, but he'll have a nice retirement check in a few years!!

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I was an airman.

The air guard as a first route is a bad idea. My past written is not likely in maine, in fact, the base may never see the kind of work we had ever again.I would rather be on wartime orders , work less, get overglorified, overcompensated, sit behind a real active duty fence, and get the public perception of a miltary uniformed person out of the real path, accept the medals, and collect the real pensions, because wartime orders do something "special". Oh, I am so greedy for realizing life goes on if you survive.

Do something in aviation, anything at all. At 27 and just starting, it may not be a good choice. Think astronaut, and sharp as a whip...you will be humbled, or failed, win or lose. You will find your limits, and if you succeed, it is a little god you become. Unless you get the perfect orders, you could work to death, and someone might figure out your name a couple of decades later. My own repulsive story went to the governor of maine..and I am still not even remotely close to existing as a normal human again. I had to be taught when thoughts like "I am better off dead" without being suicidal, is a sign of a bad freakin military group. I am no pessimistic country hater after all the BS, my advice is simple: be extremely certain of integrity of what is written, and future outcome. Air guard units are like an automotive corporation: who gives a crap about real missions and lasting truth.

Go airforce, and anything aviation.

BluWRX02

I was in the air force and like boxer said dont go the air guard route, this is in fact the route i took and wish i went active. It the true route to go and you have so much fun. I tried staying on as many active missions as possible and the things i did were unbelievable. I was in COMM, everyones going to say which to go in but remember on the outside communications have bigs figure salaries when your out and plus if you are ever in theater you have the upper hand in talking with loved ones.

IBratmanI

Just go into the actual air force. From what I've heard they treat you the best out of all the branches

Tan Man

Good for you. I support our troops always and am very proud of who they are and what they do. Go for what you want, but don't do something just because your having a finacial crunch. This economy is turning around so stay strong.

L-town

Thanks tan man I basically was thinking like this I want to get my cdl leanrn how to fabricate metal, and see some different lands. Why not join millitary and get some great skills and travel. I know the risks involved but I also feel I owe some of my time to serving this country.

Tan Man

Well good for you. I know a guy out in Auburn who works on humvee's and big trucks sent to him to be fixed and stuff from overseas. He's been to iraq twice but he never see's any action. You could get that welding education and maybe work for him. He's a really nice guy and I could talk to him about you eventually down the road. It's only in auburn and I don't think you'd even have to go overseas unless they really needed you. it's a much safer alternative and I least you get to do something you like to do. Give it some thought and get back to me.
default_wink.png
The guys name is Reny Morin and he works at that base at the bottom of Mt. Appetite. it's pretty close to the minot line.

-----Added 10/13/2009 at 08:11:35-----

And are you involved in a particular proffesion currently? I know a lot of people so give me a list of things you like to do and what your good at and I'll try to network a little bit for you. Like i said, just get back to me somewhere down the road when new achievements have been made in the direction that you want to be in. I'd say best of luck but I don't think you need luck.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristof

Banned
have a friend in the af that's a load master and seems like a great job. load master loads and unloads theback of c-17 also responsible when transporting troops prioners etc. he has gotten to transport presidential limo's. he always gets to sat at nice hotels when he goes over seas. he does nothing at all; yet he keeps getting promoted .if u want to be in the air ad travel load master is a great job plus the bases for c-17 are in nice places like charleston s.c

L-town

I met with the recruiter today. Set up for Asvab next thursday... Anything I should watch out for. They say I can be sworn in, in a months time and to basic with in 6 months.

Kristof

Banned
I met with the recruiter today. Set up for Asvab next thursday... Anything I should watch out for. They say I can be sworn in, in a months time and to basic with in 6 months.
yeah basic training is in texas so if i was you i wouldnt be setting myself up to go in the middle of summer in texas
default_additional_ygm.gif

Latest posts

Back