ASAP need altenator for 2.2

L-town

Had to pick up the sis on the side of the road alternator dead. So we need one for a 1995 2.2l auto zone quoted 160

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Had to pick up the sis on the side of the road alternator dead. So we need one for a 1995 2.2l auto zone quoted 160
I got one in the garage... Lemme know.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Have it rebult. It is much cheaper and will last just as long as any reman one you get at an auto parts store

IBratmanI

Well there is a guy near me, but the best bet is to ask at a local auto parts store. that's what I did

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Mine never worked right after having him rebuild it, and he didn't believe me. YMMV.

Also any (EJ Subaru) alternator should work as long as it has the 2 pin connector (assuming yours uses the 2-pin connector)

-----Added 11/23/2009 at 09:10:00-----

Also, if you need one RIGHT NOW. Norm's has about a million used ones in stock.

-----Added 11/23/2009 at 09:11:20-----

And further more ... Even without an alternator you can still drive the car. Just charge up the battery and you can go for a long time if you have the headlights off. As I have proved ...

SUBARUDE

and your near him being in augusta now and having a warehouse to store your parts in
default_additional_sillylol.gif

L-town

Thanks guys apparently they didn't want to hear back from me and are having a garage install although and access belts for 400 whatev not outta my pocket

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
$400?! How much are they charging for labor?

It is like 3 bolts to get the alt out!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I don't mean to be giving anyone a hard time, but, THREE HOURS to replace an alt and 2 belts?!?!?!?

L-town

Exactly what I said but its outta my hands now. The alpha male in the family makes the decission for my sibling who am I to suggest a cheaper alternative

IBratmanI

That should be illegal!! Seriously that should be addressed!! It literally takes 15 minutes to change the alt and both belts!!! I can see a shop rounding up, but that's insane. And 30 for each belt!!! Have some mark up!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
That should be illegal!! Seriously that should be addressed!! It literally takes 15 minutes to change the alt and both belts!!! I can see a shop rounding up, but that's insane. And 30 for each belt!!! Have some mark up!!
+1

In 3 hours they could probably have the engine out!!!

Latest posts

Back