blacked out headlights

ghoulsnightout

i opened up one of the lights using a heat gun..it worked alright but i feel like it scraped out too much of the adhesive..i should probably stop worrying about it and pop the other one in the oven haha.

Matt

you actually might have more trouble with inspection, "technically illegal" no tints, sprays, baskets, louvers etc....thanks maine dot....i hate that law....but its one thing if its black black compared to a light tint......

Qsubarusti

im kinda regrettin gettin my tail lights smoked out...so i started tryin to peel it only to find out its a spray on....well i thought it would of bin an easy scrub off....(2 hours later) ****!! i shuld of never done this at work.....now im drivin home wit a passenger tail light half smoked out and half oem lookin...even more embarassin 2 girls drove by laughin (hope its not towards me)....but yea i need some help.lol if your in the portland area, help me out, get me suttin to fix this

Nicklepage1010

i think you can use a paint thinner and it should just wipe off....
^^Along with all the gloss to your tail light.^^

If its that ventshades junk, you're gonna need to use 800 grit wetsand to get all the black off, and gradually move up to 1000 wet, and then i do 1500 wet, dry it and polish it.

if its the FILM, it shouldnt take more than 10 minutes and some goo be gone.

Qsubarusti

it was some kind of spray on that needed thinner refinish to take off....regular paint thinner from my work place juz wasnt gunna kut it.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
if its nightshades by VHT its not gonna come off, it has a chemical reaction to the plastic and once its on there, its staying.

Latest posts

Back