boost gone...

topdeeni

Lost it all in one fluid motion while accelerating in triple digits... Unlike last time there is NO ugly smoke from the pipe while driving. Did notice the white smoke and burning smell of to much gas at idle though.

Boost guage will not get into positive #'s and any and all vaccume pressure go's away the second after it starts to build...

Thinking perhaps the drive on Rte 26 today was to rough and a loosened a vaccume hose....

any input or ideas....& no calling Rouche is hopefully not an option yet

ps: all mappping and apexi settings appear to B normal...

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
Yea that's what I was just thinking. You didnt hear any mechanical sounds did you?

topdeeni

yeah I have FMIC & no I did not hear any bad nosies...neither did the MS member chasing me. No cloud like last time the turbo popped...

neato.. Im as mechanically inclined as that sloth thing Nailman likes...

I have taken a couple peeks around but it is still to friggin hot to really touch for to long....

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
As soon as it cools feel down the intercooler pipes to see if all the couplers are still conected. Poping those fog light covers out helps to give you a place to put your hand in.

topdeeni

yeah I was eyeballing them a few minutes ago thinking they would give me a neato view... So far no findee anything although the FMIC area would seem like a great spot to have a leak and loose ALL pressure...

Push comes to shove I will whip out my Triple eh cawd and drag it to M/A where it can B elevated for more pleasurable viewing.

Those guys are gonna end up in my will soon...

topdeeni

cover off, all pipes and connectors seem securely fastened.. Did my best to slide to trace a damm lot of vaccume tubing but to no avail...

(sighs)...wife is gonna make me sell it... I know it!

wzrd

default_additional_party.gif
I "almost" feel bad for you guys with overly modded STI's...nate,greg and you too craig...After all the research,tuning,money and time put into your cars,It must be like a knife to the heart and wallet,everytime something s@#ts the bed.My ole lady would have have me by the balls if i hemoraged money that routinely into my ride.Like greg[stixxx] says,to keep it simple dont go past a stage 2.
default_banana.gif
.Craig,hope its an easy fix....Please ask the wife to let you keep it long enough for us commen folk to check out...wzrd

topdeeni

thanx bro'....

Proabaly a really valuable lesson in here somewhere....Hopefully I will learn it sooner than later.

wzrd

thanx bro'....Proabaly a really valuable lesson in here somewhere....Hopefully I will learn it sooner than later.
default_additional_party.gif
when you figure it out will you let me know,so I dont have to go threw it too.Lesson in patience maybe??
default_banana.gif

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Deeni's car has every mod known to Scoobydom...except that by now it really-really-really needs one more thing, a feature that race cars of old had back in the days of Henry Ford's "999" and Barney Oldfield and Eddie Rickenbacker.....it's called a "riding mechanic."

condolences on your troubles.

Kristof

Banned
thanx bro'....Proabaly a really valuable lesson in here somewhere....Hopefully I will learn it sooner than later.
dont go driving with a stock sti with a softer suspension than you?
default_banana.gif

topdeeni

been searching again with no luck.... NExt trick is to remove my inlet hose and see if mr impeller still spins.... I cant see Y it wouldnt as my car was set up so conservatively...but U never know!

The other side of this is now what I have been told by a few people, I am still looking for written stuff on the net. The rumor circulating now is Deadbolt was using whatever parts they had laying around to repair and rebuild turbos during the last days... Including potentially using older used parts, parts removed from customers turbos during rebuild and out into other customers units...all sorts of neato stuff.

I would really prefer to dismiss that as bad rumor... hard to so knowing what is happening with my car right now.

damm it dorothy... I told U there is no place like home.

topdeeni

OMFG.... not only do I not have all the right tools for this type of work, I am pretty sure the kids have my tools spread everywhere..

I finally got the inlet hose and pipe out of the way to see inside...it looks pretty! I imagine a match or lighter IS NOT the best thing to illuminate the internals of the turbrocharger...hahahah...kidding!

I see impeller and with the reach of a long finger I can infact verify the impeller moves...Doesn't guarantee it is OK... all I can do is verify it has not welded itself together.

topdeeni

Deeni's car has every mod known to Scoobydom...except that by now it really-really-really needs one more thing, a feature that race cars of old had back in the days of Henry Ford's "999" and Barney Oldfield and Eddie Rickenbacker.....it's called a "riding mechanic."
condolences on your troubles.
Kind of like R2D2 in the X-wing fighter...

Ur hired...

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
been searching again with no luck.... NExt trick is to remove my inlet hose and see if mr impeller still spins.... I cant see Y it wouldnt as my car was set up so conservatively...but U never know!
The other side of this is now what I have been told by a few people, I am still looking for written stuff on the net. The rumor circulating now is Deadbolt was using whatever parts they had laying around to repair and rebuild turbos during the last days... Including potentially using older used parts, parts removed from customers turbos during rebuild and out into other customers units...all sorts of neato stuff.

I would really prefer to dismiss that as bad rumor... hard to so knowing what is happening with my car right now.

damm it dorothy... I told U there is no place like home.

Hmmmm maybe that's why my supposedly rebuilt by deadbolt turbo **** the bed after 2000 miles. If you cant find any leaks I would run a vacume line straight from the turbo to the wastegate and see how that does. Bypassing your boost controller.

topdeeni

Does it idle ok?
Actually it appears to idle seemingly OK, it is when I give it any touch of gas that the burning fuel appears through the exhaust pipe...kind of like eating taco bell!

when U mention bypassing said boost controller can I assume UR referring to the Apexi the I want to learn? If so can I then assume it is right after the display set up, the "setting mode" page where I have the choice of A, B of Off?..page 18 of the directions!

If I am way off let me know... I wont B skipping outside to do this until confirmed...I cause enuff issues just by driving the dang thing. I also won't do anything unless I talk to Sam from Xcceleration and confirm what I am doing, luckily he is very reachable

It's my "garage princess"

Dualing ded deadboltz... wouldn't that B really ironic... we can tape 'em to 2x4's and beat ourselves with them. If my charger pooped da bed I will probably follow UR lead and look at having it rebuilt by the same folk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back