Boost Leak?

TheSoundMan

ok, so heres the deal.....gone through with meyagi

1) NO EXHAUST LEAKS

2) NO BOOST LEAKS

3) NO CEL

4) BOOST SOLONOID SEEMS GOOD, OPENS WITH 12V POWER, PUT A KNOWN GOOD ONE IN ANYWAY, NO DIFFERENCE

5) WASTEGATE IS NOT STICKING, MOVES FREELY

6) REMOVED THE HOSE FROM THE WASTEGATE, BOOST COMES ON STRONG!

7) ECU RESET DOES NOTHING

ANY THOUGHTS? WE WILL BE DATA LOGGING HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK, BUT IN THE MEAN TIME, THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

inski

ok, so heres the deal.....gone through with meyagi
1) NO EXHAUST LEAKS

2) NO BOOST LEAKS

3) NO CEL

4) BOOST SOLONOID SEEMS GOOD, OPENS WITH 12V POWER, PUT A KNOWN GOOD ONE IN ANYWAY, NO DIFFERENCE

5) WASTEGATE IS NOT STICKING, MOVES FREELY

6) REMOVED THE HOSE FROM THE WASTEGATE, BOOST COMES ON STRONG!

7) ECU RESET DOES NOTHING

ANY THOUGHTS? WE WILL BE DATA LOGGING HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK, BUT IN THE MEAN TIME, THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!
See if you can borrow someone's manual boost controller.

TheSoundMan

il try spinig it aroun an see what happens, but i cat imagine tht that is hte problem, it hasnt been touched. any one else recognize these symptoms?

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
I think you guys are making this way too hard for yourselves....

a spare mbc to test, or tactrix cord learning (showing the car;s IAM above a value of 6 or whatever the map was set to for failsafe wastegate pressure mode)

Stock boost solenoids in those cars as they get older are horrible and barely work with higher mileage. In fact I'd leave the mbc on and tune for it. The car will be a lot more enjoyable.

TheSoundMan

ok, well i figured out the problem. The other day i decided to take some some and pull off all the hoses and check for leaks. what i found is some how in the last 2 months, the hose between the turbo and the t has been replaced, not by me. The hose does not match the rest in appearance, and was missing the pill. I picked up a pill, and voila! boost again. now though it builds to peak, drops to 80%, then builds and holds. any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back