EJ25

02legacygt

Looking for a EJ25 short block or long block doesn't matter, under 150,000 miles preferably. This is for a 02 legacy GT with 5MT

Last edited by a moderator:

02legacygt

Unfortuantly I dont have money for new heads and not up for any wiring jobs looking for basically a direct replacement. Under different circumstances however.....
default_biggrin.png

05RSKID

I will be selling the one in the rs I just bought has 172k on it

SUBARUDE

The only thing I have seen diff. On legacy to impreza 2.5 n/a is the cam gears are sometimes diff.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
the 257 would work too with sohc heads. but 950 for a blown motor is too much IMO. i just sold a turbo 2.5 block that needed two pistons for 200 bucks and thought that was completely fair.

the cam and crank triggers are sometimes dif on those motors, so its a matter of taking the timing covers off and seeing if your crank gear has a few trigger teeth, or a bunch. if it matches your old motor, you are good to go. if not swap the crank gear and left cam gear.

02legacygt

ya the crank is most of the reason i need a new motor tho, failed keyway fix :'( in which somehow the timing tabs on the crank gear hit the CPS broke a tab which threw off the timing and did something to the engine cause it seems like its slaming on one of the cylinders.

Last edited by a moderator:

02legacygt

Gonna pick one up from Shibles in Troy on Monday...800 just a little over 100k and everthing on the motor
default_biggrin.png
thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back