Finally getting around to an introduction...

ltrichardson

Hey All,

My name is Levi.  I've been creepin on the forum since I moved to Maine in 2011.  When I moved out I had a multicolored bugeye.  Toward the end of 2012 I picked up a 2005 STi and shortly thereafter traded the WRX for a Forester.  I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you.  I'm going to try to start making some of the monthly meets and cruises when more info is posted about them.  

I put an economy map on my STi for the duration of my Progressive Snapshot period.  I just got the go-ahead to remove the Snapshot device, but my AccessPORT dongle has appeared to have grown legs and walked away.  I've been tearing my house apart for the past couple of days trying to find it, but it hasn't shown up yet.  Does anybody have a dongle that they'd be willing to let me borrow for a bit so I can put a less crappy map on my car?

Ray

The Northernah'
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your AP I lost mine once too, not fun! How's that snapshot thing work??

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your AP I lost mine once too, not fun! How's that snapshot thing work??

ltrichardson

The snapshot thing is pretty easy if you can drive like an old lady for up to six months.  It tracks how fast you accelerate, brake and how far you drive.  Slowing down more than 7 MPH per second is considered a hard brake.  I don't feel like slowing down at that rate is braking hard, but it is what they have documented.  They take that information along with the times you drive and use it to determine what discount you get.  It doesn't have GPS in it, so they can't really tell if you are speeding or not, so long as you are driving reasonably.  You can get up to a 30% discount with it.  I got a 30% discount with my WRX and a 27% with the STi.  I found braking to be the hardest thing not to get dinged for.  I live is South Portland and sometimes braking slowly can't happen when lights change and people slam on their brakes or pull out in front of you.  

Latest posts

Back