Front License Plate?

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I see that STinate is liquidating and listed is a Perrin front license plate delete. How legal is it here in Maine to drive around with that instead of the good old Maine tins up front?

SUBARUDE

its fine until u get pulled over
default_wink.png

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
It is illegal to not have a front plate. It really all depends on how much of a dick the cop wants to be. I have been pulled over for that reason a few times, never had a ticket though

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Ha, looks like I'll keep my front plate where it belongs then! Thanks guys.

GClark

just keep the plate in your car and say you were working on your car. Hopefully itll work.

Oh and in utah, you can not have a front plate. Its awesome.

theimbalance

i've been pulled over for it once and the cop literally came to my window and said "you need to put your front plate back on" and walked back to his car. and another at a traffic checkpoint i was "warned". Its in my dash right now and not on the front bumper, but it's only a matter of time before im pulled over for it, really not worth the hassle not having it up there. I think I'm getting old....

topdeeni

I refuse to mount my front plate, simple as that. I keep it in the car with me propped up on my center instrument guage for the most part... HAHA.. I lie it is on the passenger side floor and I put it on the dash when needed. I also make sure I have NO way to mount it to the front of my car with me....

so far I have had to talk my way through it twice with no ill effects and I still do not have it on the front of my car...

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
just keep the plate in your car and say you were working on your car. Hopefully itll work.

Ive done this for almost 3 years and never gotten pulled over for it. Although I have gotten pulled over for a lot of other stuff and they usually just tell me to put it back on.

topdeeni

Ive done this for almost 3 years and never gotten pulled over for it. Although I have gotten pulled over for a lot of other stuff and they usually just tell me to put it back on.
right... usually when I am speaking with local law enforcement the plate is secondary to the velocity issue we are having.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
When I moved here to Maine from Vermont, I kept my VT plates as long as I could. I had the front one off until I registered my car here in Maine, and I really liked the way it looked. Seems like I'm going to owe STiNate $20!

Apollyon12

I am under the impression that this is one of the things that a cop can pull you over for if you aren't doing anything else illegal. Having an air freshener hanging off your mirror is illegal but I don't know of anybody who has been pulled over for it specificly. Cops mention it but I think it is a secondary thing and seems to give them the alternative justification for a ticket. (speed + visual obstruction) With the plate, they can ticket you on the spot just for that. (I think, I'm not a cop)

Now, why would you want to give the cops a reason to pull you over at any time?

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I'm at a impasse...what to do, what to do..

Also, has anyone here tried to install a front lip spoiler, like Nate's he is currently selling, to an '07 wagon. I understand these things are made for the wider-body sedans...but with a little snip here and there, will it work? This might require a different thread....

Ryan

I do this every year lol. In the spring after my spring detail, I leave the plate off and see how long I can go without getting pulled over. This year was sooner than I had hoped
default_biggrin.png
Been pulled over a bunch of times for it, never got a ticket.

Blue GT

Mine never comes off, its bent a little downward to help, and its a UMaine plate so at least its blue, but it's just not worth the hassel.

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I figured it it started becoming a problem for me I would wrap it around the bottom of the bumper and the lip in the front. I dont like the stock location looks goofy with a fmic.

COSTIGAN86

You CAN be pulled over for not having a front plate. The cop needs no other reason. Then it also gives him a chance to pick apart your car for everything else he can find.

Ryan

You CAN be pulled over for not having a front plate. The cop needs no other reason. Then it also gives him a chance to pick apart your car for everything else he can find.
This is true. I got pulled over for just for not having the front plate on, but then he started questioning me about my tint and exhaust being too loud
default_smile.png

Nicklepage1010

Mine ended up behind my header on my del sol once, when the cop pulled me over he told me to put it back on. I politley told him that if he would like to reach in and grab it, i would be more than happy to put it on for him =P

Latest posts

Back