FS: Forester Swift lowering springs and struts

08WRXME

Just pulled these off the XT. they will fit 06-08 Foresters, along with 04-05, maybe more. Struts have 50K miles on them, no leaks or clunks. Swifts have less then that. I'm looking for 325 OBRO. that includes springs, struts and tophats.

Forester001.jpg

Forester002.jpg

Forester003.jpg

what they look like mounted on the forester

IMG_0838.jpg

Located in York, ME. Willing to drive and meet up.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
OK you esteemed MS suspension gurus....what would happen if some crazy person decided to bolt this stuff onto a GC coupe? would it end up taller that 987687's lifted GL, or just gain a bit of xtra ground clearanced and still be alignable?

08WRXME

thank you inski!

OK you esteemed MS suspension gurus....what would happen if some crazy person decided to bolt this stuff onto a GC coupe? would it end up taller that 987687's lifted GL, or just gain a bit of xtra ground clearanced and still be alignable?

I don't know unfortunately, but i will tell you this. It is about 2 inches lower then stock forester, and about an inch taller then stock wrx. so maybe that will give you a visual idea of ride height.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
thank you inski!

I don't know unfortunately, but i will tell you this. It is about 2 inches lower then stock forester, and about an inch taller then stock wrx. so maybe that will give you a visual idea of ride height.
thanks for the visuals. I know the strut tops would have to be swapped out at the very least. question is, would the resulting susp be so whacked out as to be un-workkable (is that actually a word?)

how was ride quality on the Swift sproings>

08WRXME

thanks for the visuals. I know the strut tops would have to be swapped out at the very least. question is, would the resulting susp be so whacked out as to be un-workkable (is that actually a word?)

how was ride quality on the Swift sproings>
I liked it. I also have a bone-stock forester. the swifts were a little bit stiffer, but softer then a stock wrx. it was a nice middle of the road ride. could handle the twisties, but didnt kill the kidneys.

inski

Haha Nigel, I was wondering the same thing on my 07 wagon, but I have no idea if it would work and no money. It was a moment of hopeful joy that passed very quickly. I do like Swift springs, more rugged than stockers but dont beat you up while negotiating the nooks and grannies during the daily commute. The niceness of progressive rate springs. I've had the pleasure of driving a few Fozzies with Swift springs, always a good time.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Haha Nigel, I was wondering the same thing on my 07 wagon, but I have no idea if it would work and no money. It was a moment of hopeful joy that passed very quickly. I do like Swift springs, more rugged than stockers but dont beat you up while negotiating the nooks and grannies during the daily commute. The niceness of progressive rate springs. I've had the pleasure of driving a few Fozzies with Swift springs, always a good time.
here's my idea: get some measurements from )*WREXME which should give some idea of what might work

main one is dist between top spring perch and ctr of top knuckle mounting bolt. since his strut/spring combo is assembled, kthat'll give some idea. I'd have to compare it to same measurements on the GC with wheel unloaded

Latest posts

Back