Heat on the fritz...

mikebike357

I was driving back from Sunday River right before Christmas and my heat was freaking out. It would blow hot air then change to cold air. Didn't have the HVAC set to Auto... just had the blower on level 3 and the temp knob cranked to 85.

The car was well warmed up. It started happening around Poland on the way back to Portland. It was in the upper teens outside. It hasn't done it since that i've noticed. Any ideas?

mikebike357

Thanks! I haven't been on any longer drives recently so it may still be happening... my 4 mile commute doesn't offer lots of troubleshooting opportunities.

mikebike357

I was looking at those two 2008 STi's on the Evergreen website...
default_frown.gif

inski

Bulletin 10-47-a2009-14

Brokebacks experiencing frizzled heating performance are probably suffering from lack of coolant. Confirm engine is shot and direct customer to sales department asap to review less heavy more sportier wagons. release 1-28-09 All rights reserved, don't believe everything on the interweb.

hold it..

wait

here it comes

ready?

steady

that's not a real bulletin. :whip2: I did look thru the current bulletins, nothing matching your concern. So, looks like you'll have to drop it off somewhere for hours and hours of diagnosis to turn up nothing. Or make an appointment where I work and we'll get you a new autoHVAC control head all while you wait in the new home theater waiting area....Wii coming soon.

mikebike357

It's the Foz... not the brokeback... and it's only done it once so i'm really not concerned about it... if it's lack of coolant, it's probably from the coolant flush YOU did on it. HAHAHA! Ouch. :boxing:

inski

Have you been a responsible owner and CHECKED THE COOLANT? *look under radiator cap*

Have you ever changed the thermostat?

Have your headgaskets been repaced yet?

Does your wife call out my name in the middle of the night?

Have the lights on the console ever just quit?

Do you have automatic climate control?

Do you like gladiator movies?

mikebike357

Yes

No

No

No

Yes, but I don't use it.

Yes

Have you been a responsible owner and CHECKED THE COOLANT? *look under radiator cap*

Have you ever changed the thermostat?

Have your headgaskets been repaced yet?

Does your wife call out my name in the middle of the night?

Have the lights on the console ever just quit?

Do you have automatic climate control?

Do you like gladiator movies?

Rightseat

well guyZ if this mystery goes on much longer, it will be May and balmy and a bum heater won't make any diffrence. :whip2:

inski

Do wait til May mike.

I got it! Mike has too much utter balm on everything. :pottytrain2:

Maybe you should bring it in, and I could do a coolant system pressure check, inspect for leaks, go for a long drive and try to duplicate something. Or, take the fozzerelli on a long trip, put a digital thermometer in the vent blowing , watch it, jot down the temps, and if it drops jot down the temp and duration, and how many miles it took to do it.

Internal head gasket leak? As in blowing exhasut into the coolant system?

mikebike357

it hasn't done it in a while. In fact... i've found that it's been cooking me and i have to turn it down. I need more free Sunday River lift tix so I can try to re-create the issue.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back