help an old guy out, eh?

akinaspeedstar

i think peter looked into this a while ago. i "think" they will but you need to change the top hats or something like that to make it work cause the springs are tapered.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
try the leggy turbo top hats on the rear. I believe that is where the problem lies.

EvilAsPie

They should fit. But the tappers on the rear ones are the question. Can you get the tappered top hat and match it with the GC mount? Maybe.

Found this on rs25:

will the STi springs fit on gc8 struts?

Yes they will (depending on year). I have '04 STi Springs on '01 RS struts using modified '04 rear top hats. They are a nice low buck alternative to the mushy stockers. I paid $125 for '04 take off springs with 5k miles and brand new STi top hats (all of which were sourced on NASIOC).
So it seams somthing needs to be done with the top hat, but i'm sure exactly what. I didn't read the hole thread, but here's a link. http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48165&highlight=04+sti+springs+GC+mounts&page=3

Nigel, give it a try, i'm interested to know what needs to be done with the top hat. :eek:ccasion14:

Rightseat

Did the GC/STI front springs not fit?

JT
heh, tanks for reminder--those are buried someplace at LDR shop, I gots to get up there and diggem out. wonder how much shorter they are than the stockers, and wonder how car will sit with just sti springs on front.

well, guess is time to 'spearmint' wid de suby bits.

akinaspeedstar

nigel theres a spring chart just above this post that i found that will at least get you the sping rates,

and as for ride height from what i remember seeing the STI ones are lower then stock but higher then my prodrives.

Rightseat

appreciate the feedback guys, really getting psyched to attack the build on this car. it's been gathering dust in my yard for TOO LONG.

time to get it going again and go tear up some snowy roads.

HR radness

His royal radness
I'm coming home Monday morning Nigel and can offer a hand putting the interior in, give me a shout. You need to get going on that thing

Latest posts

Back