Hey everyone new to subaru

wrbwrx

Hey everyone first start off with my name is Dylan and from Lewiston i just ought a 2011 wrx sedan wr blue and im picking it up next week bought it from evergreen ill get a few pics up as soon as i get it probly wednesday had a good time there...this is my first subaru ever always had vw's and have wanted a wrx for awhile so i thought why not and got one im glad to be apart of mainely subarus so where do i get my subaru swag is what i believe you guys call it.... where can i get some mainelysubarus stickers...

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Welcome, Post up some pics when you get the car!! You an pm Carter or Nate on here and get decals.

wrbwrx

thanks i was told i gotta run premium is this true because ive heard that all gas is the same and not really a big difference just wanna check wat u guys think and see wat you run

wrbwrx

thanks everyone ill make sure to run 91 or better im pumped it have a new car its my first brand new car and first subaru cant wait to pick it up this week and start seeing everyone

Iboc_C64

What you have heard on the TV and read in newspapers about not wasting your money is true for about 95% of people out there who own cars that are designed to run properly on 87 octane (regular) gasoline. When you start getting in to high performance vehicles, especially turbo models, then you need to use high octange gasoline which would be 91 octane in state and 93 octane in some other states. Designing a vehicles engine for 91 octane gasoline allows them to design to tigher performance tolerances and such, enabling the engine to run higher boost without detonation (engine knock) which could cause permanent damage to the engine. I believe the stock tune will take 87 octane for short periods only, just long enough to get you to another gas station with the right gasoline. It will also run at a reduced level of performance and prolonged use of 87 octane will likely cause permanant damage. Further performance engine tuning requires the use of 91 or higher octane or you WILL damage your engine. I believe that most of this is laid out in the user manual and is also printed on the sales documentation in the window of the car to some degree.

AiRX

Hey Dylan and congratulations! I would not worry about running higher than 91 octane, but we do have 93 in state. I have my source in Randolph right across the bridge from Gardiner. I fuel up there every week, then again it is only 11 miles from work. Like iboc said low octane is bad octane for the long-run.

coondogg

Welcome!
default_cool.png

wrbwrx

thanks everyone im wicked excited picking it up tomorrow night after work or wednesday after work cant wait...

MuddyWRX

Welcome, I think I saw your car at evergreen last night. The sales guy actually thought my car sitting in the service bay was yours. Nice choice.

MuddyWRX

Yes, I did mistake the two cars. Not a lot of WRB 2011 WRX's out there.
There are not, but somehow there was one there just as I got there, his, and mine. The odd are slim, and when they were in the garage the only way to tell was mine had plates. Good looking bunch of cars
default_smile.png

wrbwrx

thanks everyone picked up the car today had a great first day with it i love it so far very happy with the car just feel i should get some winter tires so it will go better in the snow and im only 19 to and its my first 5 spd so im still learning to dial it in but have had a great time with it...only pic i have for now is a phone one didnt wanna take my camera out in the snow today but ill get more when its nice and clean....future plans with the car are to get some rally armour flaps black with blue logo, exhaust even tho i love the stock one, short shifter,CAI for now but that will take some time for it all but its future plans for now...heres a pic...
IMG_6915.jpg

Latest posts

Back