How old to drive?

Nate

Founding Father
Im with Dan^^^

Honestly, its sad to say, and i hope hes ok. But I totally saw this coming a long time ago when you posted this. I'm surprised it took this long. I don't care who you are, a kid that age CANNOT drive a car like that and not do stupid stuff. I think its just out of his control. I was inevitable.

Stein

Stein
I did a second gear pull today in my OBS.

Let's just say I'm not going to be burning any rubber
default_wink.png

EddieHunt05

Im 19 and own a WRX:idk: Paid for it myself... Been driving little over 3 years now no accidents and speeding tickets for me.. *knocks on wood*

Stein

Stein
What do you do for work? Granted I only work one day a week, but I don't think I'd be able to afford WRX insurance even if I did have a better job.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I'm 19, and I could afford a WRX with my job(s). It really depends on priorities. Whether they lie in having a nice car, or being able to afford trips and whatnot.

For me, they lie in not having a car payment, being able to go have a fun weekend out and spend money, taking my girlfriend out, whatever. Maybe even save some money for the future.

But to each their own.

EddieHunt05

Well I'v been lobstering since i was about 8.. But i worked at BIW for about 7 months now im laid off and looking that way untill January back to lobstering since July.. Seasons starting to peter out so now im going to be remodeling houses untill January/ Feb.

Stein

Stein
Wow, sweet. Not the laid off part, but all the work.

I'm definitely going to work this summer. It failed last summer because we didn't really have enough time in Washington, but I'm going to try and find a job before we leave Maine. I'm thinking lifeguarding will pay pretty well
default_wink.png

EddieHunt05

nah i didn't I got this job with a guy I'v known for years I'm looking for more of a temporary job and, this guy I'm going to be working for would be understanding when I leave to go back to the shipyard

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I work in the theater, and work on computers.

Then I have other random side jobs, fixing boats in the summer, photography every now and again, etc. I can't even think of half the random things I do to make money.

Stein

Stein
Yard work
default_rolleyes.gif
. I think we're getting a snowblower so that I can do our driveway (because my car is now parked on it
default_smile.png
) and I'll offer to snowblow my neighbors driveways. Most of them already have snowblowers though.

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
I had to bring this thread back to life. Recently, I have been working at Mt. Ararat High School, trying to get back in the swing of things as a teacher. Before I said stated that it depends on the young driver, and maybe it still does....but I have having a hard time finding one I would trust where I work. These kids are idiots...and most of them are just pushing their old cavaliers and civics to the limit. I don't want to know what they would do with more than twice the horse power. I know that this isn't the case with all high school students, especailly the ones here on MS, but most of the ones I have to avoid everyday SUCK!

Stein

Stein
Well that's Mt. Ararat
default_wink.png

Honestly, a lot of highschoolers are like that though. At Yarmouth, there's a kid with a new Honda coupe (I don't think its a civic, probably an accord). He drives like a dick. Meanwhile, there's a kid I've ranted about a few times on here with a kind-of-riced VW GLI (with the V6, before VW used a turboed 4-cyl) who actually doesn't drive too badly. The kid with the GLI is still a dick though
default_smile.png

i-wagon

i had a 3.1 grand am coupe and drove it till i blew the tranny, then the motor, and almost everything that could break. then i did the same with my altima, and my corolla, and kinda learned with my last car, and really mellowed out with my impreza

some people are just slow learners....or retarded like me:p

i-wagon

i got in enough trouble with a 1.6liter corolla:D but more power=more grin, and young kids can't resist

MikeD

N/A All The Way!!
Yeah, that's kind of my point. These kids, some of whom I have in class (although I teach freshman and sophmores for the most part) are decent kids....until they get in the parking lot. Like I said before, there aren't Vipers or Vettes...they are junk and the kids are punching it like there is free soda down the street everyday at 2:30. Maybe Adam should come out to the parking lot at the school and lay down the LAW!!!!!

....even if it is out of his police department's jurisdiction

Latest posts

Back