I-wagons frontier

i-wagon

lqA2VPJ.jpg

They look so much angrier in a 32 then they do on my imp. Grabbers are below half tread in places with about 7 months cold weather driving. Can't wait to get the yokos on and have less tire noise

Jamey

lqA2VPJ.jpg

They look so much angrier in a 32 then they do on my imp. Grabbers are below half tread in places with about 7 months cold weather driving. Can't wait to get the yokos on and have less tire noise
we sell a lot of these

i-wagon

I read some independent comparison tests online, and realistically these are supposed to be the best happy medium in an a/t, and ranked highest overall. The may not dig mud like a duratrac or the geolandar mt, but I figured since I only used 4wd a few in the last year I didn't need angry. When I had then on my 07 i was amazed at the winter performance, and I'd had winterforces prior. Best part was the price. Just under 700 for 5, duratracs would've been 1k

i-wagon

I never thought of that. I almost got them from discount tire direct, but a buddy at a Ford dealer got them cheaper. Then I had to drive an hour each way to fetch them. I really want to put them on and sell the noisy grabbers but I want the yokos fresh for winter. rest of my stash moneyis probably getting hydraulic disc brakes for my mountain bike. These particular mechanical ones are scary

i-wagon

Just about 2 years of owning this rig(I'm within a week, or few days) going to hit 40k on my way home tonight

i-wagon

Still loving my lift, grabbers are wearing like crap and I think it's a combo of bad alignment prior to lift, improper inflation and, well, grabbers wear like crap. Both inside and outside shoulders are feathered. And at this point inn just going to try to get to October and put the yokos on. Gave the truck a wash/buff/wax Sunday, got wax on the plasti dip on the grill and it peeled. Just peeled it all clean and dug out the rattle can of color match I had under the sink. Had just enough. Second coat of clear goes on after my daughter gets a bath. if I can catch her. She's wound tonight

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
That's weird you say grabbers wear like crap. I've had uite the opposite experience. Even on my step dad's 2500hd, that's all he'll run now because they wear so awesome!

i-wagon

3 guys I work with had strange wear below half tread, then the shoulders cupped. And this was on three different types of truck. I'm at 5/32 center and 7/32 edges so I knowi had them over inflated, I just can't imagine how I'm cupping the inside and outside at the same time

i-wagon

szUkSUx.jpg

I knew the rattle cani had wasn't perfect, but that's a lot darker than I thought it was going to be. Still better than chrome, but I really wanted color match. Also, reading online earlier, realized that cornering hard causes tires with this much sidewall and flex to wear the way mine are. Combination of driving it like a sports car and soft (relatively) rubber compound could be an explanation of why the grabbers are cupping

Last edited by a moderator:

i-wagon

sajZB2y.jpg

I'm lazy and hate carrying that heavy Friggin fishing kayak. Yay for 4-low. Had 2 large mouth fairly quick and saw 3 deer, all before my girlfriend was awake

i-wagon

So a whileback i bought a campbell hausfeld wallet world special hvlp paint gun and someone on here wanted feedback. At work i get to run a $300 fancy gun, and honestly someone who'd never paintedbefore wouldn't know the difference. I was only shooting thinned out rustoleum enamel bit it sprayed good, only problem was a compressor that wasn't big enough. I was very pleased

i-wagon

Don't have pics uploaded but i painted my grill badge last week. Went black and used a brush to do the lettering. Patiently waiting to put geolandars on since the grabbers are getting noisy. Planning Next years Tax returns already. Going with heated extendable towing mirrors (similar to the early 2000's super duty) and doing a borla muffler with vibrant resonator. Working on getting a winch mounted on my trailer since my little sister got a moose permit. Had a 2k lb superwinch given to me but with no cable or wiring. Rewired the trailer with battery power in to the tool box to charge an atv battery, just have to sort the rest out

i-wagon

So, nothing on the truck lately but trailer project is coming along nicely. Started a few years ago with a carry-on 5x8 from Lowe's. Decked over the mesh with pt plywood, had a box mounted in the trailer, but recently went to an A frame tongue for more rigidity and it set things back from my truck a bit more. Moved the tool box forward on the tongue, when my arm heals I'll weld some Steel across the tongue to hold the winch, and i'll just have the fairlead sticking out. Had a broken warn winch given to me with a wiring kit from harbor freight, so I'll have a long wired remote that plugs in the side of the tool box and a rocker mounted on it. Ready to get this all put together and try it but I'm supposed to be taking it easy. But i can't really complain, I've wanted a winch on the trailer for years and had everything fall in to my lap for free ( one $30 trip to tractor supply) hopefully next weekend I'll get cracking on it

i-wagon

Something small, but i have interior leds coming from ddm. Haven't seen many 31mm festoons except on amazon, and $2.50 each for cob seamed pretty reasonable. Figured they cant be any dimmer than the bulbs in there

Something small, but i have interior leds coming from ddm. Haven't seen many 31mm festoons except on amazon, and $2.50 each for cob seamed pretty reasonable. Figured they cant be any dimmer than the bulbs in there

i-wagon

2bD7RFn.jpg

Leds showed up from China today. All metal housing, wicked bright. Inside my garage they made a big difference where the incandescent bulbs did nothing. Hopefully they last. These are the v1, if they crap out i might buy the v2

i-wagon

Waiting for images to upload...finally wrapped upthe winch project today. Id mounted the "good" superwinch on the trailer, with the cable from the broken warn , and wiring kit from the badland my buddy used to replace the warn. Got everything done, wiring kinda cleaned up , figured I'd give it a workout. Put my dad's grizzly 700 in 4wd, then park and dragged it a few feet. Annnnd the superwinch broke. The spool cracked on the motor where the orbital gears are. I had a tractor supply flyer cone the other day and ended up buying their house brand 2500lb winch for 70. Wiring kit was lame as hell but it came with a snatch block, roller fairlead and mount plate. I'm content now, this one isn't busticated and had a brake and free spool setup. Hopefully my sister gets a moose first day come October and i can spend the rest ofmy vaca bowhunting

i-wagon

MIHdR0A.jpg

Tool box looks like a mess, but all the wiring and battery are on that one side, with the exception of the plug for the remote

P8cdz9w.jpg

bWHumbK.jpg

i-wagon

Geolandars going on sooner rather than later. Any thoughts on white letters in vs out? The lettering on the grabbers is wicked dingy,thinking black walls will look cleaner

Latest posts

Back