*Knife Talk Thread*

Matt

that's cheap!!!! damn tool truck guys charge to much money and the batteries are impossible to find....

Gretsch308

that's cheap!!!! damn tool truck guys charge to much money and the batteries are impossible to find....
I like them a lot. Most of them have glass breakers. Wanna try it out some time! The batteries are small watch batteries. Kinda a pita to change on the Colt pen.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
do you write tactical notes with it? Seems a little absurd for EDC when a knife or firearm is available / legal.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
do you write tactical notes with it? Seems a little absurd for EDC when a knife or firearm is available / legal.
I though this too, but would about if you have to make a unexpected trip to the Bronx like I did last week and I know I can't carry my firearm... I brought my SOG but I'm sure that wasn't legal either... But knowing NY they will outlaw pens soon too :eyeroll:
default_additional_unamused.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Gretsch308

I though this too, but would about if you have to make a unexpected trip to the Bronx like I did last week and I know I can't carry my firearm... I brought my SOG but I'm sure that wasn't legal either... But knowing NY they will outlaw pens soon too :eyeroll:
default_additional_unamused.gif
This

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Agh! I will never understand some people. How can they think there are only two kind of people that carry weapons. Police and criminals… And the fact that they ban a self-defense item, thinking the streets are safer, is insane. Criminals are criminals.. they do not follow the law. And the fact that a law abiding citizen is pushed into the same group as “the bad guys” just for wanting to be able to protect their person or someone else’s is mind blowing to me.

Our CPW instructor was correct by saying “There are two types of law abiding citizens; one is a sheep and the others are shepherds.”

Ty Ty

I'd rather be caught with an illegal knife which has a valid use as a tool, than a tactical pen which is just meant to inflict damage.

Btw, I'll be into work after lunch sometime. Still not feeling well.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
I'd rather be caught with an illegal knife which has a valid use as a tool, than a tactical pen which is just meant to inflict damage.

Btw, I'll be into work after lunch sometime. Still not feeling well.
It has a flashlight and ink???
default_wink.png

Gretsch308

I could do the same exact damage with a normal "high quality" pen. Only difference is color....Last I looked carry a pen was not illegal.

Ty Ty

I could do the same exact damage with a normal "high quality" pen. Only difference is color....Last I looked carry a pen was not illegal.
That is exactly the point. Why bother carrying something that is listed as a weapon, if you can carry something else that serves the same purpose, but won't get you an extra special "massage" from TSA at the airport?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
That is exactly the point. Why bother carrying something that is listed as a weapon, if you can carry something else that serves the same purpose, but won't get you an extra special "massage" from TSA at the airport?
This.

Not saying it isn't 'cool'. But I would rather spend the money on a higher quality pen that can do the same thing. I travel enough that it makes a difference. And don't think a cop won't know what that is. He knows as well as you that it is a kubutan (which is specifically labeled as illegal in NYC) with a pen inside. They will bag you for it much quicker than a

Plus I have a few knives that are not gravity or spring opening for travel into such states as NY. Seems to keep me on the good side of legal.

You can get a metal body pen that is a pen for cheap and it will be a quality writing utensil:

6645.jpg

Gretsch308

This.

Not saying it isn't 'cool'. But I would rather spend the money on a higher quality pen that can do the same thing. I travel enough that it makes a difference. And don't think a cop won't know what that is. He knows as well as you that it is a kubutan (which is specifically labeled as illegal in NYC) with a pen inside. They will bag you for it much quicker than a

Plus I have a few knives that are not gravity or spring opening for travel into such states as NY. Seems to keep me on the good side of legal.

You can get a metal body pen that is a pen for cheap and it will be a quality writing utensil:

6645.jpg
That would work!!!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The problem in areas like NYC is that if you get picked up for any reason, that tactical pen will be treated as a kubaton. Those are illegal in NYC so I would rather have a folder on me that follows the law more or less. Now when I travel (air / international) I would snag a kubaton pen or one of the metal body pens. But when I get to china I can pick them up for super cheap as well as a folder if I go to the right backroom shop.

Gretsch308

I agree with you 100%. Around here, I'm gunna carry them along with tact lights and a folder. I'm in it to protect myself. That is all.

Latest posts

Back