Maine Computer Repair

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
Ok so I have been away for almost a year lol. I have been hard at work building my company from the ground up. I have discount ties to retailers so I can get you guys deals. My services are decent and competitive without sacrificing experience or professionalism.

If any of you are intrested here is a discount for you! Mainelysubaru members.

New Customers save $10 off a $100 or more purchase or service. Only valid to new customers, one per house hold, can not be combined with other offers or discounts. other restrictions apply. expires 12/1/2011

Visit me online or on face book

Image2.png

Maine Computer Repair

My Control R Repair Facebook Page

Stein

Stein
While I'm a computer nerd, my real advice to you is to go through your website (and the image you posted here) and correct spelling mistakes.

Also, networking is probably your most valuable service. I wish I knew how computer networking worked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Good luck man!

I ran a computer repair business for years while in High School and after I dropped out of college.

I did pretty damn well, if I may say so. I eventually gave it up because I started to get to big, which scared me, and I hate fixing computers... But you're onto something here!

Networking is one of the most common thing I ran into, but rarely more than just setting up a wireless router, or something to that regard. It's mostly fixing and re-installing windowsXP, setting up wireless routers, and replacing broken laptop hard drives... You'll get quick at that stuff.

But get into big networking and make big money. Stuff like setting up 30 wireless routers on a grid network all running a custom version of linux, with servers for things. Terminal clients on old desktops with a big main server with a custom formulated version of linux running it all... that type of thing is wicked fun!

Seeing this post makes me kind of miss doing it, good luck to you!

Oh, and as much fun as linux is... Sadly, the clients just aren't there... I found that out the sad way.

Last edited by a moderator:

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
I agree with the spelling aspect. Makes it very professional. Stuff that I have caught so far is "Restor" on your above picture.

If I were you, I would just copy each page and paste it in Microsoft Word and that should be able to catch most, if not, all of your spelling and grammar mistakes.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Bakup looks bad too... A little bit of spellcheck and grammar can go a long way. Website is basically advertisement, I'd suggest going to websites of other computer businesses and looking at their pages. See how they are laid out, how everything is organized, etc. You're not stealing, you're just being competitive, if a professional site did it one way, good chances are there is some reason they did. Learn from it!

That's how I stared making websites, I went to websites similar to what I was working on and kind of copied their design, didn't steal their code, but used the general appearance, then tweaked it to my liking.

Iboc_C64

While I'm a computer nerd, my real advice to you is to go through your website (and the image you posted here) and correct spelling mistakes.

Also, networking is probably your most valuable service. I wish I knew how computer networking worked.
Nate-

If you are a computer nerd, should be easy enough to learn through trial and error. that's how I did it. I did computer repair, diagnostics, assembly, virus removal (without formatting), adware/malware removal, sales & networking for 5 years at Compatible Computers in Wilton Maine. I essentially ran the store and my boss just financed it. I didn't buy the company though because there didn't seem like there was enough of a customer base to make it worth it in the area. I went to work at TRC designing High Voltage Powerlines instead.

Viago-

Good luck in your venture, it can be a very competitive market out there and there is no shortage of startups to challenge your marketshare. But since you have made it a year I can see that you are off to a good start and should not have any problem building a lasting buisiness!
default_cool.png

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
Yea I threw the website together about a years ago rather quickly. I have been meaning to fix it but just too busy lol. And avoid 1and1.comm for your websites. they are horrible...just saying. I plan to move to Name.com or something else.

Im trying to go back to school to get cert again and learn more new things than I can on my own.

thanks for the support.

Latest posts

Back