Miotter questons; CAUTION Non-Scooby Content

Rightseat

Let's say a certain friend of mine is considering impulse purchase of STM's favrit non-Scoob lust object. Car in question is a one-owner 91 Miotter, lipstick red with fresh top, recent brakes/exhaust, minor mods (strut braces f/r, inake, etc) 125k miles, $2500 range

What are the things to double-check on early Miata (90-93) this un-named person possibly might be considering?

Std trouble areas, known design probs, recalls, etc. This one has a leaky rear main seal, cracked bumper cover, and will need tires soon.

Also seeking suggestions for items that a prospective enthusiast sideways hooligan owner might wanna add to a basically box stocker right away--brake upgrades, add'l lighting, chassis stiffening, etc?

STM Miotter gurus, pls weigh in ASAP, because said car may not last long before getting scooped up. It is at an undisclosed location for sale by person whose identity remains classified.
default_wink.png

akinaspeedstar

i wish i had an answer or a link. but i read a whole huge thing on them in sport compact car mag. on what to look for in a miata. look on there website they might have it saved somewhere. or i can look though my back mags and see if i still have it laying around.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
well first off look up the last VIN that had the short nosed crank. from what I am told they can be troublesome.

Check the rockers just forward of the rear wheels for rot. also check the trunk, inside to the left where the jack is. the drain from the top goes through a hole there, if it leaks you can get a pond in there.

http://www.miata.net and click on the garage section. there is a good list for potential Miata buyers in there.

Good luck and keep 'er sideways!

Latest posts

Back