Miotter roll bar height: WARNING -- EXPLICIT NON-SCOOBY CONTENT

Rightseat

Pedro, can you pull out a tape measure and tell me how high your Hard Dog bar is?

from rear deck (parcel shelf) to top of bar. also how far main hoop is set back from front edge of rear deck.

aim is to see if there's sufficient clearance to mount my Sparco Circuit race seat in the Otter for undisclosed classfied activites that will remain secret until I procure proper equiptmint to spray dirt with said bits.

thank yew belly much. my mother thanks you. my neck thanks you. my Peltor thanks yew, my dog too, etc etc

Rightseat

doh...mine own thots exzactly

pm zent

however, it has been conclusively proven that Pedro does not miss much of anything on STM
default_wink.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
You didn't send a PM.. well at least not to me.

THe height of the roll bar is: 19 3/4 from the parcel shelf to the top of the bar

and the distance from the most rearward part of the mirror base is 27

(these are both measurements to either the top of the tube or the most rearward dimension since those are the most important for clearance.

Evan

pedro, how did you get a bot to measure that for you? does the bot clean as well? i could use one of those.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
evan said:
pedro, how did you get a bot to measure that for you? does the bot clean as well? i could use one of those.
I happened to catch this as I got in the door. I am dealing with another forum for AutoX where they are protesting my runs from storyland, citing a rule that dosen't exist anywhere in the club handbook or the SCCA handbook.

and the guy says that they made it long before i was a member and it is part of the "by laws"

so I am not spelling things all correct and shit lately. >
default_wink.png

Rightseat

thanks for the info P

looks like I'll order the Hardcore Hardtop bar with doouble diagonals and harness bar. this is mounted further back than the std Hardcore bar, and is aboaut a half-inch shorter height-wise. most iimportan for street driving, the Hardtop bar leaves more headroom and seat reclinication (new word, made up today!)

good luck with your autox protest, who knew that now, in addtiion to helmet, roll bar and such, autoXers need to have a LAWYER to compete?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
thanks for the info P

looks like I'll order the Hardcore Hardtop bar with doouble diagonals and harness bar. this is mounted further back than the std Hardcore bar, and is aboaut a half-inch shorter height-wise. most iimportan for street driving, the Hardtop bar leaves more headroom and seat reclinication (new word, made up today!)

good luck with your autox protest, who knew that now, in addtiion to helmet, roll bar and such, autoXers need to have a LAWYER to compete?
The hard top bar is shorter than the standard hard core bar. The hard top sits lower than the soft top, so the standard one wouldn't fit. I have full recline with the hard core, as well as putting the seat all the way back.

The hard top version is too short for me to have adequate protection over my head.

Latest posts

Back