My 17-year-old son just bought his first car 2006 Legacy 2.5 GT and the next day that terminal one

RickyD

Day after my son bought new car the turbo went, the car has been souped up and it's not the original turbo has a TDO4L turbo and it's like a rocket, it was a mistake for me to even say yes to buying it.

Well I changed the limit bolt that holds the screen and the turbo, did everything right with oiling the turbo and everything spinning it before I restarted it. As I started it ran great waited a few minutes as you should After a few minutes squeak squeak and then it Sounded funny and the car shut off very odd would not start again freak me out. I checked the oil line tube bolt that feeds the turbo an the limit screw and there wasn't any oil.

My question to everybody is is my pick up tube in the oil pan for my turbo broken I do see that this is common.

After a little while after the car cooldown started up and it ran go again but I shut right off and oil did not blow out that limit bolt hole

Visonik

If it keeps starting and hasn't seized, I'd have to assume it's not the pick up. If that pick up fails, it's not supplying the motor with oil. As you probably know, the motor needs oil to not seize, so if you haven't had it seize, that means the oil is still going into the motor. I believe the oil pressure light usually comes on pretty much as the pick up fails, but that's really the only sign of failure and then you just lose the block.

Latest posts

Back