My Civic Kill Story

nhmtns

So I was cruising down this twisty, narrow road and I caught up to this newer maroon Civic Si with MA plates. The driver kept looking at me in his rear view mirror. When the road flattened out, he pulled on me because of my gearing. Then I caught up to him again on the next downhill. He gunned it but got a little sketched out on the corners and had to slow down. He kept looking in his mirror and eventually put his blinker on and pulled over. I flew past him and don't look back. He caught me on the next flat section of road though, so I guess it was a tie.

My ride: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b15/nhmtns/IMG_0961.jpg

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
hehe..

I got bagged in york for doing that a decade or so ago.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

nhmtns

It was coming down the access road from Cathedral Ledge in North Conway. The whole thing lasted about a minute.
default_additional_sillylol.gif

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
there is a fart can local, thought they went extinct. all hours...

I have window towering above rooftops, and it just makes me want to go crazy with a sniper rifle... almost.

default_smile.png

then, when I think it is over. green ford ranger boy.. the biggest baddest green ford ranger boy in all of the 20 square feet surrounding his massive green ford ranger... an exhaust even more repulsive.

who says american can't be riced?

the absolute funniest time I ever had with a honda and thier version of road rage..

I had this 84hp loyale 2wd with 5 gears. spun the tires at 80 in the rain.. after fixing the suspension (no cure that I could find)

I tend to get behind a quicker vehicle on the highway, speedos have never been right in the old ea82s...

anyway, I did not know he was being a race car trying to get away. I just stayed with it.

default_smile.png

the way time elapsed,(distance and time) it had us in the 80s in the pouring rain.
default_smile.png

I got gear calcs memorized now. keep the speedo. treat it like an old motorcycle.

nhmtns

sick story and bike...just rode a bike with similar gearing last week, extreme awesomeness.
I love riding my single speed. Some people don't "get it", but simplicity is just plain awesome. Plus, it's surprisingly fast if you have the legs for it.

theimbalance

I love riding my single speed. Some people don't "get it", but simplicity is just plain awesome. Plus, it's surprisingly fast if you have the legs for it.
No way, it's effin awesome dude. You'll always get people that don't understand anyways.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I love the singlespeed conversion on my MTB so much that I am venturing into the road bike thing with a ss. (cheaper too)

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
had something similar happen years ago. Tour of the Gaps bike race, northern VT circa 1975. Big climb up Appalachian Gap, then a blast on the descent. Me and some guy from Florida got away on the climb. On descent, we passed the cop cars leading the race one by one. Finally all that was left was a VT statie on a motorcycle, and on a hairpin near the bottom he had to bail out down somebody's driveway. So there we were, all alone going like hell....wtf do we do NOW? Not long off the climb, the cops all caught up and passed us. Some were shaking they heads laughing, others were like, "you guys is crazy you're gonna get killed riding like that."

Oh yeh, forgot to mention...it was raining.

naSTi06

i gotta admit... reading this story i was very sad to hear that you were impressed that u beat a civic on a windy road... then i was wondering why everyone was talking about bikes... then i saw your ride... now it's a cool story bro.
default_additional_unamused.gif

Latest posts

Back