my Little Ms. Pastrana

topdeeni

this time last year the diving board was foriegn to her, now she is working on conquering the slide.

picture.php

& yes she totally landed it

inski

Awesome form, see how she hooks the tube with her feet. She's going for distance and a square landing on the tube. Add some character as she rotates in the water on the tube after impact, that giant smile !!
default_wink.png

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Pools are great fun for the kids and adults alike. I am sure I don`t have to tell you the key word here is SUPERVISION for the little ones. We use to have one when we lived upstate N.Y. you now where the summer season is a full week longer than Maine`s.
default_wink.png

topdeeni

U got that right Inski

picture.php

& yes Maniac... A pool is a great way to keep the kids of the mean streets of Dixfield. Supervision is key as is instruction and the occasional urging to get them to push thier swimming envelope.

My five year old has a friend who is now doing the diving board, a month ago she was in the shallow end, wearing water wings and we had to keep the safety rope up between the shallow and deep end or she would cry hysterically.

Every kid that comes over and is scared gets the deal explained to them straight up... U will learn to swim, U will not drown here, U spent the first nine months of UR life in water and you comfortable in it wether U know it or not and if U don't get in the pool.... Then I usually bribe them by doing backflips off the diving board or some ice cream, yes they can B bought.

Last edited by a moderator:

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Back on L.I. my wife believed in teaching our kids on how to dog paddle and get use to water at our relatives pools when they were only months old which was a shock to some of our older relatives
default_wink.png

topdeeni

Back on L.I. my wife believed in teaching our kids on how to dog paddle and get use to water at our relatives pools when they were only months old which was a shock to some of our older relatives
default_wink.png
yeah people look at me in horror when I am like... "toss 'em in". It is very rare to find any form of animal (including the human species) that can not swim. The five year old will float around the pool on her back looking just like cadaver' other than the smile and occasional flume of water from the pie hole...

Cadaver <---my big werd for the day!

inski

Ooo! Back flips and ice cream!?!!?!! I'll be right over!
default_biggrin.png

<---duck.

I've spent many-o-summers in the pool or lake or ocean. The fondest memory of my Grandma was one summer we were at some public pool (the former Evergreen Ski Resort, Lovell, ME) with Ma and Grammy, us kids were doing our thing, Grammy and Ma were reading and talkin. Some random crusty ole coot started giving us kids hell for splashing her while we did cannon balls and what not. My Grammy went over to the crusty ole coot and said.."This is a pool, if you dont want to get wet go away." The woman went away, us kids rejoiced, and Grammy went four notches up the cool ladder.
default_biggrin.png

deeni, thanks for letting the kids conquer the water! It is the funnest of environments. They'll have those great memories locked in their brains forever.

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
The girl is loving the pictures, and yeah the pool is a great place your small and big kids alike! Might have to come back over soon for a return return visit to the pool lol! and maybe some deadbolt antics

topdeeni

HAHAHA... tomorrow? I have the entire day to do nothing with the exception of the never ending laundry train, dumb dirty clothes..
default_biggrin.png

Weather looks good... what time is everyone coming over?
default_biggrin.png
:D

:banana:party on the patio....the wife is going to keeeeeel me:lol:

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
hey i need the exercise, and i would be ready for a swim after that anyhow. Dont know how pizza supply's would fair though :shrug:

saabaru

Enjoying the short summers in Maine, awesome... Nothing like pool days, and I bet they are beat at the end of the day

Latest posts

Back