Need some 93 Legacy goodies

smelt240

So I sold my WRX, and now Im bringing my 93 SS home.  Id like to find a donor car(s) that are wrecked in a junkyard or something, I need the rear wheel arches/rockers, a decent set of front fenders would be nice, and I would even consider buying a set of nice straight doors. My fenders and doors aren't THAT bad, but nicer is better. PS wheel arch isn't bad, cause its not there! I crawled around everything last night, couldn't find any real rust underneath, quarters/rockers will be a quick weld in repair for now, then taken off the road this fall, to be finished right. Any leads for parts would be great!

urabusturbo

Meyagi and I have a decent amount of Legacy stuff but the problem is none of it is in great shape. Finding clean first gen anything in New England is going to be tough. I recently had all my bodywork done by my friend Joe who lives in Litchfield. He welded new metal in the rockers and rear quarters and painted it so well you can't tell anything was done. I can pm you his phone number if you like. He works out of a small garage but he has all the necessary equipment to do a quality job. Cheap too!

GClark

I have some parts in my barn. Hood, doors, I gotta see exactly what I have when I get back from Canada.

smelt240

Meyagi and I have a decent amount of Legacy stuff but the problem is none of it is in great shape. Finding clean first gen anything in New England is going to be tough. I recently had all my bodywork done by my friend Joe who lives in Litchfield. He welded new metal in the rockers and rear quarters and painted it so well you can't tell anything was done. I can pm you his phone number if you like. He works out of a small garage but he has all the necessary equipment to do a quality job. Cheap too!
Just so happens Im in Litchfield myself....  I might know him, but Im not sure.  Go ahead and send me his number. I really want to save this car from being doomed...

smelt240

I was wondering if you still had that stuff.
Now I'm wondering if you have that stuff!!   Doors and a hood would be awesome, It has a case of the nasties under both mirrors, some minor rust at the bottom of the rear doors, and an ugly trailer hitch dent right in the front of the hood. The interior in this thing will be beautiful when I clean it though. Im going to do a driveway build journal on here...We'll be getting it home in a couple hours.

smelt240

Just talked body repair with the guy here in Litchfield who did Urabus' car... turns out I just sold him an Xbox360 3 or 4 days ago.....   Sounds like he will be doing the major rust repairs, now if those doors and hood are better than mine.... I want my gold Team Dynamics wheels back now, guy from Portland who bought my WRX!   I knew I should have kept them!

smelt240

Not 100% sure yet.... he was talking in the $400 range to repair a missing wheel arch and rocker, but I think that was with a quarter panel repaint.. It sounds very reasonable after seeing the work he did on the gunmetal paint job... Seemed like a great guy in person when I met him the other day as well.

Legwagon, your no turbo car probably makes more power than my -been sitting for 6 or 7 years needs a tune up and all that- turbo car does right now.   This will change soon, as its going to be putting the 510 on the rear burner of the project stove AGAIN...

I just watched a ridiculous youtube video "slammed legacy ss" or something like that... he does have WRX wheels in gold, and it looks pretty good.  Guess Im keeping those wheels now...." To the bead blaster, Alice!"  I think Ill call her Alice now, after that....

smelt240

Yeah my only liking is the goldish WRX wheels on that color car, not the rub the rocks in my driveway ride height... I tried that with my last 240sx...doesn't work here.

Last edited by a moderator:

smelt240

OK,I take it back about the lack of power, its been a while since I drove this thing. WOW!   I followed my wife in her 06 WRX, with my buddy running chase in my OBS on the way home.  She could pull on me a little bit, but for a tank of gas that's been in the car since early 09, fuel cut happening big time at WOT, and the car just plain being off the road for pretty much 5 years, I cant complain! Pics/ new journal tomorrow, I started degriming it tonight, but got rained out...

Meyagi

I'm a hack
the wheel arches and quarters on daves old shell aren't too bad if yours are really gone. 

smelt240

Ok, I have that guy coming to look at the quarters later today, if it stops raining long enough... Id like to save some $$$ on the repair, but at the same time, Id also like it to be nice.... the car is way better than I remembered, other than the surface rust that the previous owner sanded down, and never fixed.  The before pics look way worse than it is in person.

Latest posts

Back