New Car for L-town

L-town

So after debating for over a year now on what to do with the RS, I finally figured something out. I went in to Charlies Subaru (sorry evergreen ) I wasnt expecting to get anything I just wanted to look at the new 08s. Well I drove away with a new 17 miles only 08 2.5i Dark grey metalic. Its on a lease but I dont drive more than about 10k miles a year. I was actually suprised they could do something for me considering my credit isn't fantastic so when they brought the monthly payment for me and it was where I wanted it I had to trade in the RS.

2.5i sedan, 5 speed (obviously) , single disc cd/mp3 player with ipod jack. Power windows, keyless entry, power locks. Charcoal interior, dark grey metalic exterior. Basic oprtions package. Like I said my credit isn't the greatest the premium pack impreza was around 2K more, so I got what I could.

So first week of ownership car now has 200 miles on it. Half a tank of gas used. 2 car washes 1 free from dealer ship one not free.

Pros... NEW, 3yr/36Kmile warranty so basically for me life of ownership. Sexy dark grey color. Being a subaru is pro enough for me. Interior is decent the gauges at night are bright and appealing. The headlights actually illuminate at night!!!

Cons... More body roll than fat oprah doing the twist, still it somehow hugs the corners really well.

Evil Jeff

Cool, congrats! You'll have to stop by sometime so I can take it for a spin.
default_frown.gif

L-town

Thanks Evil yeah we'll have to get together so you can check it out. Still not a turbo but I'm looking to probably trade it back in, in about 2 years. Ins is high enough on a non turbo.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Nice! I've driven a few of them and they rock. Handling is definately beter than the roll would insinuate. In car and driver it took 2nd place in a 7 car comparo and it was 2nd to a 2dr Rabbit. Also the ONLY AWD in the test. Excellent choice and nicely done.

Sop in. I don't care where you bought it. Hin hint: SPT spring for $200.

Rightseat

congrats

having lots of wheel travel ain't necessarily a Bad Thing (off the ax course wanyway). On maine roads, the stock suby setup is about perfect.

whatever the scooby faithful may wank about the new body style, there's no doubt that the 08 Inmpreza is a big step up in refinement and comfort...without as much tradeoff of good driving behaviour as some would like to cry about.

Car & Driver actually liked the 08 scoob...called it a "bargain BMW" and they are Beemer freaks so that's pretty good.

L-town

Thanks for the congrats, 400 miles and still in love. Avg rougly about 25 mpg which is good. Pictures are now in the gallery

Latest posts

Back