New/Old user from Southern Maine

n8wrx

Spec B
well the lip I have is a special finish not just paint so im hoping there is a easy way to remove it (I have not yet looked into it so im not sure) as far as paint, aircraft stripper stuff
default_smile.png
you can get it at walmart and autozone. Spray it on and leave it there for a bit (follow the directions) and it destroys the paint, take a towel and run it over after and it just slides off.

Last edited by a moderator:

n8wrx

Spec B
already decided, its got huge flakes coming off so its either rock 1/2 blue 1/2 silver lips on them, get new rims, or try and make the full lip silver polish. Cant afford new rims and I dont want a "special" looking car haha so trying the lip is the next step. If I end up losing some of the black ill just strip the full rim and paint them. I dont think ill be keeping them for much longer no matter what I do. Id like to get just some STI stock 5x100 BBS but everyone wants rediculious $$$$ for stock 5x100 ones.

pufdup

Atomized paint. We use Kremlin spray guns. We have 2 booths. One for priming and the other for topcoat. We can spray pretty much anything any color. We work on mostly store fixtures and custom kitchens. That's what pays the bills.

n8wrx

Spec B
Nice, do you bake on the finished product? If so at what tempatures? If the temps go too high these rims are aluminum and they will warp like a MOFO.

Atomized paint. We use Kremlin spray guns. We have 2 booths. One for priming and the other for topcoat. We can spray pretty much anything any color. We work on mostly store fixtures and custom kitchens. That's what pays the bills.

n8wrx

Spec B
the prodrive? not in my lifetime
default_smile.png
its authentic haha. I used to beable to have access to new ones. I can check again if you really want but I dont think they do.

scubiecraig

Nice to see another Subie in the area. I'm in Alfred, but frequent Sanford/Springvale quite often. I drive an 07 UGM, fairly stock. I have painted bronze rims though!

Latest posts

Back