official unofficial motorcycle talk thread

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Yeah, I was thinking of getting supertones, but the other choice is to get...

http://bansheehorn.com/products

It's a 139 dB horn (MUCH louder then hellas) that also flashses your headlights when you use it...but you can still use your stock horn.

"If you press the horn switch briefly, only the regular horn is activated. Pressing the switch for ¼ or ½ second (depending on a switch setting you can choose), causes the logic in the control unit to now engage the raucous air horn and high beam lights. When doing this, it pulses both the horn and lights for even greater impact - as shown in the video. You can also set the loud horn and lights to not pulse if you prefer – there is a switch for this too.

"

So you are willing to wait that 1/2 second for your louder horn to work? I could see the 1/2 second to get the headlight to flash, but the horn part is silly. Just get the supertone horn set and you have loud horns all the time, and can still 'toot' at your friends.

Stryker

So you are willing to wait that 1/2 second for your louder horn to work? I could see the 1/2 second to get the headlight to flash, but the horn part is silly. Just get the supertone horn set and you have loud horns all the time, and can still 'toot' at your friends.
You can set it to have no delay if you like, but you can also set it to 1/4 or 1/2 second delay after the horn is pressed.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
There is no mention of that on the site, and that would completely defeat the use of the product. at that point you would just hook a lead from your horn button to your high beam and use a loud horn all the time (very easy and inexpensive to do).

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Half the cost and louder, easy decision
I wouldn't take that DB measure to heart, there is no distance measure on them. The Hella units are measured at 2 meters, so I am betting the solleci horns are measured at a much closer distance. But the price is hard to argue with.

i-wagon

I rode to work, taking the long way home. And pedro I'm getting them for my birthday in a couple weeks, and have a db meter on my phone. I know it won't be accurate but I can compare the stock one to them

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
stock subaru horn is 85-90@ 2 meters.

and what is the app (assuming iPhone) and was it free?

K3rn

Hookah Master
im so proud and happy right now my mom at 48 just got her first bike today

19mlpg.jpg

Latest posts

Back