RIP MJ

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I remeber them both around the early 80s..cannonball run was shown on tv (edited version to fit allotted time frame) and MJ was just coming out with "thriller" ..one of the first music videos I ever saw. I remeber at the time, it was the most expensive ever made.

RIP

I guess I could admit, at 10 years old farrah made me turn red, and MJ had me singing soprano.
default_additional_angel.gif

topdeeni

rip mj.

Although I was never a big fan of UR music I have hiuge respect for what U did and how U brought together different styles of music...uniting people of all races, creeds and colors along the way on the level playing field of music. I did a little research this AM and honestly can not beleive what I am finding... The influience on everyone was just incredible... I really don't want to find out his cause of death, I am afraid it is going to B very Elvis like... There are pixx of MJ with just about every president he was alive for, most celebraties... dang... I even found a pic of him jammin with Slash from GNR...

Another thing everyone should thank MJ for.. wether U know it or not is a woman named Jennifer Batten. She did three tours with him as his lead guitarist, had the nerve to cop Eddies beat it Solo better than most and pulls a two handed version of "Flight of the bumble bee" that impressed both Nuno Bettencourt and Eddie Van Halen.. She also toured with Jeff Beck and if I am not mistaken has returned to teaching at MIT in LA...Thus sharing her knowledge and indredible technique.

YouTube - JENNIFER BATTEN guitar star!

Rip MJ and in a twisted way... thank U sir for the pinch of musical influnece U left behind on me... Iknow it is there cause once upon a time I spent a week learning "beat it" note for note... just becasue Eddie was on it for a minute.

ps: if U search U-tewb U can find Jeff BEck and Jennifer Batten doing "BLue wind" together live.... I weould recomend this as serious lisntening for anyone who is at all inspired to play guitar....there is always something to B learned.[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
sad way to end for a towering figure in music biz

$1B in assets, $500M in debt
default_additional_sillylol.gif
. Every time you hear a Beatles song, MJ was getting a bit further out of the deep end.

I never was a big MJ fan, tho he undeniably influenced music and music fans worldwide. Here's an example: A friend was sailing up the coast of Labrador in 1982. He stopped in a remote fishing village probly 500 miles from the nearest pay phone, and 2 teenage kids came down to the docks to greet him. They were wearing 1 white glove each, like MJ wore on the cover of Thriller.

Too bad that sort of fame for MJ proved ultimately unendurable.

RIP to Farrah, too. That famous poster of her with Big Hair and the red see-thru bathing suit looks cheezy today, but lemme tellya in the 80s that was the epitome of hotness. She has since distinguished herself on any number of fronts (fighting spousal abuse, cancer, etc) and has proven herself a whole lot more than just a ditzy Charlie's Angel. But hey, that show is still one of my favorite slices of life from those times tho.
default_mad.gif

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Good friggen riddance!

I can't believe a child molester's death is overshadowing the passing of a genuinely nice woman.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Good friggen riddance!
I can't believe a child molester's death is overshadowing the passing of a genuinely nice woman.
most people are getting beyond the child molester part of it and mourning the loss of his music, talent, and what he did with music/culture.

Unfortunately he was a seriously F'd up dude, but hopefully people can see beyond that.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
he's been dead musically for more than the last decade.

but people bawling in the street over this ******? come on.

BluWRX02

MJ's passing is a huge deal. Maybe some didnt like him for things he did outside of his musical career. But if you cant see and what he brought to the table for music and what he did to the industry then you must be blind. This is just as big if not bigger than elvis's passing and its crazy it happened so soon in our generation. RIP

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
MJ's passing is a huge deal. Maybe some didnt like him for things he did outside of his musical career. But if you cant see and what he brought to the table for music and what he did to the industry then you must be blind. This is just as big if not bigger than elvis's passing and its crazy it happened so soon in our generation. RIP
doing the things he did to children overshadow any "accomplishments" in the music industry.

the world is a better place without him.

topdeeni

I sort of sagree Pedro but I also realize just how much of an impact he had solo and as a meber of the J5... My first memory of them go's way way way back.. I mean one of my earliest memories I can recall.... that is F'd up to me but it exists... especially seeing how I play music and the stuff I listen to.

found this on Utewb...dancin machine as done on Merv Griffin... This is for sure a live performance and not synched, shows some of MJ's vocal intensity and some of those early dance moves.... just funny to watch as now that this is all hindsite U can certainly see the furture..

and who for one second thought people like Mike Jagger, Keith richards and the toxic twins from Aerosmith would outlive them...

YouTube - The Jackson 5-Dancing Machine

someone at my gaming site had this to say...

Due to the fact that Michael Jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little kids can play with him for a change.

modify_inline.gif
courtesy of <HHD> Snipes[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back