Saabaru owner from Bangor

LinearJed

Hi Guys,  I'm new to the group (duh!) and am the proud owner of a Saabaru 9-2x.  Its my daily driver with 173k miles and I'm hoping to find the info to keep this neat little car going as long as I can!

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Welcome to the club, please post pics of your 9-2x, we're interested to see what it looks like (well, at least I am.)

LinearJed

IMG_20131011_170418_812%20%281%29-M.jpg

Just yer basic Saabaru.  Nothing fancy but I like it a lot!  I've always been a Saab guy but I decided a I needed a change.  I was looking for an Impreza but stumbled on this locally and figured how could I go wrong? Its a Saab and A Subaru!

LinearJed

IMG_20131011_170418_812%20%281%29-M.jpg

Here ya go.  Its yer basic 9-2x Linear with the N/A 2.5.  Nothing fancy but I like it.  I havef always been a Saab guy but I decided I needed a break from Saab.  I was actually looking for an Impreza but when I found this car locally if figured I had nothing to lose.  It is a Subaru, but its a Saab too! The only mods from stock are a couple ham radios, uber nerdy but I have a lenthy commute and I needed something to help pass the time.  

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Welcome! And what's wrong with solid communication equipment? Nothing nerdy about that! Any recommendations for good radio shops in the bangor area? Looking to get a setup in my car, and would rather buy locally instead of amazon etc.. etc..

Enjoy the Saabaru!

LinearJed

Welcome! And what's wrong with solid communication equipment? Nothing nerdy about that! Any recommendations for good radio shops in the bangor area? Looking to get a setup in my car, and would rather buy locally instead of amazon etc.. etc..

Enjoy the Saabaru!
Are you talking about two way radio or stereo installation?  Atlantic Communications on Outer Hammond St in Bangor can handle anything two way.  I did my own installation and would be more than happy to get you started if you are inclined to DIY. 

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Are you talking about two way radio or stereo installation? Atlantic Communications on Outer Hammond St in Bangor can handle anything two way. I did my own installation and would be more than happy to get you started if you are inclined to DIY.
Two-way. I'll definitely be DIYing it, but would like to buy the equip locally. Working on getting my ham license at some point here, and am starting to plan my mobile rig. Any suggestions on dual band equip would be welcome :)

LinearJed

Two-way. I'll definitely be DIYing it, but would like to buy the equip locally. Working on getting my ham license at some point here, and am starting to plan my mobile rig. Any suggestions on dual band equip would be welcome :)
Awesome! Ham radio is a blast, not to mention if you are into rally all the race communications at the Maine Forest Rally are handled by volunteer ham radio operators. Best way to get up close and personal to the action.  There are no local places to buy ham radio gear other than used from local hams.  There is a good local club, http://n1me.org/ , that meets the first monday of every month at the Bangor Daily News.  Getting your Technician license is very simple and after that you can be on the air. As far as equipment goes the sky is the limit.  I have two single band radios fed into a tri-band antenna for local repeater use.  Depending on the repeater system you can make contacts statewide with ease.  Installed the radios into the Saabaru only took a couple hours.  The antenna is permanently mounted through the roof and the radios are stack mounted on the side of the console. Feel free to contact me with any questions about the hobby.

IMG_20131012_122820_213-S.jpg

IMG_20131012_122737_043-S.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Welcome from Orono! Come join us at the meet next friday!

I have a general class license, but I haven't touched a radio in probably a year. Got kinda discouraged with the hoby and mothballed/sold most of my equipment. It would be fun to get back into it.

LinearJed

Welcome from Orono! Come join us at the meet next friday!

I have a general class license, but I haven't touched a radio in probably a year. Got kinda discouraged with the hoby and mothballed/sold most of my equipment. It would be fun to get back into it.
Thanks!  The hobby goes in cycles for me.  I can go weeks without having time for it, then I'll have an opportunity to play. It is just a hobby after all.  The nice thing about it is that there is something for everyone.

Latest posts

Back