SEVERE THUNDERSTORM

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
I'd love 17.5 hours of overtime.  
Lol it's definitely nice when we get a good storm. I have had many weeks where I have had over 100 hours of OT. And the trip to New York for Hurricane Sandy was a couple good paychecks as well.

scubiecraig

Christ, we get yelled at in my company if we have like 2.5 hours of O/T.  Sometimes being in a small business sucks.  Other times though it has it's perks. 

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Christ, we get yelled at in my company if we have like 2.5 hours of O/T.  Sometimes being in a small business sucks.  Other times though it has it's perks. 
We get 5 hours every week anyway. But when it comes to restoring peoples power, it doesn't matter how many hours of OT you get.

Industry

I had 17 straight days on Sandy. 119HRS a week of OT. The checks were great (what Uncle Sugar left after taxes anyway) but getting 5 or so hours of sleep each night and maintaining your fine motor skills and cognitive reasoning capabilities is a challenge. Especially when your or someone else's life may well literally hang in the balance. That said, I love storm. I just got released 15 minutes ago.  7hrs today. I can post some pics if anyone is interested.  

Industry

Experience needed?  I can run a chainsaw...  lol  
You don't want that job. Trust me.
default_smile.png
unless you are some sort of masochist. Lol

Latest posts

Back