shloshing sound.

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
this just stared to happen recently. every time i come to a stop or start going there is a shloshing sound coming from the back. like im hauling a pool. i have gotton out and checked the tank and pushed the car and makes a shloshing sound.

any ideas?

Stein

Stein
So you ruled out the gas tank? Did you check behind the tail lights? I've seen pics of a nasty leak behind them.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
gas tanks don't do that in the subes...

the other ideas with tail light and under spare, must be in there somewhere.

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
checked the spare area, no moisture of any kind or water. i rocked my car back and forth now and does not slosh around. ill have to check again in morning.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
On the bottom side o the rear quarters there is a little plastic plug. Try popping that out and seeing if it lets some water out

Matt

start pulling out everything in the trunk area...youll find it if it smells like mildew youll need a new gasket....ive found a lot of times theres a compartment on the left side that goes kinda deep that gets water in it....

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
apon further inspection i think the sound is further up. i coulld only listen to the sloshes near passenger set. I could not her the sloshing sound where i was parked (face down on a dirt hill) and could not hear the sloshing rocking the car from any angle. untill i backed the car up. I do not do any offroading other than in the rain on tar and my dirt driveway.

would my auto tranny be making this sound? when i come to a stop it makes a click sound. kinda springy sound.

inski

have you checked your trans fluid?

got any dents in the trans pan?

Been off roading?

Does it make a squealing sound sometimes? A lot?

^^all trans issues^^

Check the pinch welds on the rockers. If you've been thru a lot of water and the pinch weld openings get cruddy with debris like mud or under coating or sand the water never drains out. A simple cram and twist with a beefy screwdriver opens them up enough to allow drainage. Its common on early Bajas due to over application of under coating, but others due it to mainly from clogging up from offroading.

Latest posts

Back