Sister needs reliable car, $1500

L-town

My sister (nursing college student) has been driving around our retired 97 outback. Great car until last week when the engine went kaput. This is the second engine. The car itself had over 200k miles. So we are looking for something with a sticker or at least stickered for a good 5 months. The price is set at 1500 max due to the fact she has that and a little to cover registration.

So Throw something at me please oh and She can't drive a stick....

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
reliable..1500..

wow.

I asked that in 1987 and got laughed at.

default_biggrin.png

college, means parking tight spots, good fuel, and cramming full...

I could only guess a wobbly little wheeled ricer will fit the bill.

honda, nissan, toyota, mitsu. maybe a geo, cavalier...or a lime green fiesta with 12inch wheels..

I would recommend an old sube, pre EJ, but the autos and "girliness" is not quite there...unless she is into that sort of thing.

L-town

She will take pretty much anything that will run and get her thru the end of the semester. She graduates in may and will by july have a good job lined up. She will take a truck, a van, a sube Just as long as it runs and doesn't need much work basically trust transportation to and from school.

-=Lobstah=-

700. I will do the labor to put the CV shaft in....I figured when all said and done, it'll cost around 1200-1300 for the car registered.

-=Lobstah=-

BTW, i can source a windshield (used) and a CV shaft for 100 (subydoored), so after registration and all, it should cost around a 1000 for a good running car

EddieHunt05

I'v seen the car its a pretty sound car with the few minor fixes it will be perfect for what she needs it for..

L-town

Thanks Lobstah. We have a 95 impreza wagon that needed like 1200 in work to get inspected but we found someone who will get it inspected for a lot less. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back