So I bought a 2000 2.5 RS 4 door... kinda build thread.

roadtrip1098

Update

I just ordered a new turbo for my STi. This made me realize that I have enough parts just kicking around to slap a turbo onto the RS when I get a chance. Pretty excited about that. Anyone on here run any boost to a stock 2.5RS with less than catastrophic results? The plan is to set it up for 3-4 psi and have it's own oil reservoir, cooler, and electric pump for it. That'll all come later this summer, still trying to sort out fuel tank issues. At this point I may just put a fuel cell in rather than mess with a new tank and all that.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Fuel cell solves problem of digging into rusty stock tank, but is a likely fail for

Maine inspection. "fuel tank not in stock location" caused numerous insp fails with our rally cars. Stupid to pass a car with sketchy old stock tank and fail one with a tank designed to survive any crash intact, but there's not much sense to some inspection rules anyway.

roadtrip1098

Maybe I can just leave the stock tank in there drain it, and fill it with expanding foam to kill the noise. I'll "hide" the new one in the trunk someplace.

I went to fuel up yesterday and there was a handful of dirt, or maybe rust at the top of the fill tube, like a solid clump. I have no idea how it got there - it was too big to fit through the hole I fished it out mostly, really perplexed by it. The only thing I can think of is a neighborhood kid opening it up and dumping dirt in.  

As of right now, I have about 3 gallons of capacity between it overflowing and when it gets low enough to not run anymore. On the plus side this thing gets incredible fuel mileage. Averaging around 25mpg doing only in town driving. For comparison, my STi has trouble breaking 15mpg in Augusta.

Latest posts

Back