The unofficial GUN talk thread

i-wagon

I missed a lot of them that went straight out. The left and right ones I done good. The old guys and girls def out shot me. One older woman looked like she was about to poop every time she yelled "PULL" but after watching her 2 rounds she only missed once. One out of 50 is awesome if you ask me. Wish I could afford a fancy semi-auto. Quite possibly my face wouldn't be hurting at all right now.
default_biggrin.png
you don't need a fancy gun, that first time I was using a Winchester 1300 12ga, the "pros" had fancy over and unders in special calibers. I shot some with the birds going to either side with my 23 inch 870, with second bird coming on report, still got more than half of them.

Nate

Founding Father
I think for the G19 it doesn't get much better then the Gcode INCOG holster.  But I do love my Dillo.

inski

FYI

As of last night Cabelas has at least 2000plus (two thousand, aka metric shitload) boxes of .223/5.56, mostly 55gn.  Also bulk cases.

A few hundred boxes .45 and .40 target (cheap stuff).  No 9mm.  No .357.  A lot of .308win.

inski

I'm still waiting for 9mm
default_frown.gif
Right.  I'm down to only 500 before I have to hand load more.  Good news is there were a few boxes of 9mm projectiles on the reloading shelves which tells me ppl aren't hoarding as much anymore.  Primers are available most of the time now too.  Hopefully we'll see a couple thousand boxes soon so we can start the fun again.  I hate having idle equipment.

I have holstered up the G34 and Kahr for some practice.  Its a lot easier now that I'm part of the club and can get into the range anytime without dealing with a bunch of zipper heads at the 'public' range.  I have a feeling the Kahr will be warmed up a lot the rest of this summer now that .45 is plentiful.

i-wagon

Anyone know where I could get a rifle barrel cut down and crowned, and the stock shortened? I'd like to make my.243 a bit more compact and easier to handle

inski

Northeastern Firearms in Turner.  He cut, crowned, and re-blued my Mosin.  Certified and experienced gunsmith

inski

I think it was 75 bucks, last summer.  Came out nice.  The crown was nice and smooth.  The blue was undetectable that it was new blue.  Matched nice. I dropped it off and a few days later he called and said it was done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viago

Certified NRA Instructor
have some guns for sale:

Original Colt Trooper. in 357 mag. Some bluing loss. Fires greate and
its a Colt! Made in 1968. has 3 speed loaders, and holster. Was a LEO
service revolver. $400

Taurus Poly Protector 357 mag, 3" polymer, 2 grips, 2 clip strip speed loaders, shot 3 times. $400

Looking for a Keltec SU16c

inski

Ok so my AR build 'which caliber' dilemma has been solved.  Way back in November my son ordered a shitton of 6.8spc parts and cancelled them all due to the market collapse of anything AR.  Well we thought they were all cancelled.  I have four 6.8spc mags coming to me from Brownells.  And 6.8 magically appeared on the shelves recently.  So I guess I'll finish the build as a 6.8spc.  Been shopping around online.  Found an 18" mid-length upper from Bison Armory with the forearm specifics I like for 510.  Turns out its cheaper to buy complete (upper) than to buy all individual parts so some time soon hopefully I'll have a complete 6.8 AR.  Hopefully by November.

Matt your PM box is full?

FYI Jamey, Dick's has 9mm

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back