Thinking of moving from SVT to STI

Smokinjoe

Lately, I've been thinking about replacing the Lightning. I think I want to go with an '05-'06 Impreza WRX STI. I'm very impressed with their all-weather performance. It gets old paying for a truck that I can only use a few months out of the year.

I've been searching online for the past few weeks trying to learn everything I can. I just had a few questions. Is there such thing as a box stock STI anymore. It seems like every car I look at has been modified in some way. I did see one stock 2006 STI for sale at a dealership for 28k. That seems grossly overpriced to me.

Is the Blue Book accurate when it comes to STI's. As someone who is new to Subaru's, it can be hard to seperate the realists from the dreamers when trying to find the fair market value of a car.

I might as well tell you what I'm looking for. Idealy I'd like a 2005 or 2006, blue or white STI with the gold BBS rims, with under 40k miles.

What would be the fair market value of a car like that? Thanks for the advice guys!

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Lately, I've been thinking about replacing the Lightning. I think I want to go with an '05-'06 Impreza WRX STI. I'm very impressed with their all-weather performance. It gets old paying for a truck that I can only use a few months out of the year.

I've been searching online for the past few weeks trying to learn everything I can. I just had a few questions. Is there such thing as a box stock STI anymore. It seems like every car I look at has been modified in some way. I did see one stock 2006 STI for sale at a dealership for 28k. That seems grossly overpriced to me.

Is the Blue Book accurate when it comes to STI's. As someone who is new to Subaru's, it can be hard to seperate the realists from the dreamers when trying to find the fair market value of a car.

I might as well tell you what I'm looking for. Idealy I'd like a 2005 or 2006, blue or white STI with the gold BBS rims, with under 40k miles.

What would be the fair market value of a car like that? Thanks for the advice guys!
$28K is WAY too much. I paid that much for my 06 STI new it had (600miles)! When you say 05 or 06 does the style of the car not matter to you?

05 STI

05sti1stock.jpg

the 05 got upgrade from 04

5 x 100 to 5 x 114.3 wheel pattern, front diff, different look was given to the steering wheel, shift knob, HVAC controls, and center console

06 STI

My06STI008.jpg

redesigned front end. center differential is updated with the addition of a mechanical limited slip mechanism.

**** NEED**** to watch out for the wussy POS liquid fluid engine mounts. I had them in mine and the broke! Along with the pitch stop and my wiring harness...
default_additional_mad2.gif
I had then replace with groupN mounts (which where awesome) But all Subaru did was slice my harness together and I didn't want to deal with the wiring down the road so I traded in.....I still regret BTW.

Here is a 05 STI in MA it looks unmolested. You'll have to call for miles. $20k

http://newenglandautomall.com/inventory/view/vin/JF1GD70685L502234

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
dang it...saw title of this thread and thought, "yaay, now I can mebber find a decent Focus SVT"

oh well, gots to keep lookin.

SVT truck to STI, now there's a leap in the proper direction!

doooo eeeeet!

Iboc_C64

Brighton, how did you get an STI with 600 miles for under 30,000? I didn't think the prices from 2006 to 2009 changed that much. I bought a WRX premium with 87 miles and it cost me $27,500 before financing. Of course, I did have to be difficult and have them find one for me elsewhere and bring it there because I didn't like the styles and options available off the lot. I wanted a premium hatch in black and they only had base sedans.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Brighton, how did you get an STI with 600 miles for under 30,000? I didn't think the prices from 2006 to 2009 changed that much. I bought a WRX premium with 87 miles and it cost me $27,500 before financing. Of course, I did have to be difficult and have them find one for me elsewhere and bring it there because I didn't like the styles and options available off the lot. I wanted a premium hatch in black and they only had base sedans.
I was looking for a 04-05 Sti in the beginning. They said sorry(Berlin city) they didn't have anything except an 06 and I said I'm all set. Thinking it was 30k+ and of course it was. I'll just keep looking. They said well they said well what can we do to get you to buy this?

I just told them how much I was going to pay and the argued a bit. I said "what ever" starting walking out and then the manager spoke up and said he do it. My wife and I are pretty good getting deals with cars/trucks. I've had 4 cars since then and I just keep trading them in for even trades.
default_smile.png
I do still miss the STI. I think I miss the transmission the most.

Smokinjoe

I didn't realize there were that many differences between the '04 and '07 model year.

I don't think I'd be opposed to a mildly modded car. I just want it to be reliable.

COSTIGAN86

Just watch out when buying a "stock" car. Just because its stock now, doesn't mean it wasn't modded and had the bag beat out of it one time or another.

Back