uhh ohh help!

Red40oz

so i have no licence thanks to the sheriffs dep. for a lousy 5 over, but needless too say things still manage too go wrong with it even though i have not driven it in a couple weeks.

i very rarely let anyone else drive it, but i caved and allowed my brother too take it for a day( big mistake!) the day after he had too bring me somewhere and asked if we could take my car, i said yes and the moment he starts the car i noticed the idle was all screwy. throughout the length of the ride the idle would constantly go from jsut below 1k to above 2k. now he swears that it didnt do that before but i have enough common sense too know he probably drove it like a maniac. a few people have said that it may be a failing fuel pump. any suggestions?

Redline

A failing fuel pump would not cause your RPM's to increase... if anything it would cause the engine to stall.

Is it possible the timing belt jumped a tooth from the beating he may have put it through?

Redline

(2001 outback limited wagon, black on gold)
There's your problem right there! We all know if he drove an RS, OBS or WRX you wouldn't have any trouble right now... your car felt used... taken advantage of... violated. And now it's being pissy.
default_wink.png

Red40oz

haha i know, anytime i tell him too take it easy on my car his response is, it has a turbo its meant too be beat on, and i wonder why this happened lol:mad: so what do i do from here?

Redline

Well, as soon as you have enough light, go out and double check all your hoses. If it's a vacuum leak, it's most likely a disconnected hose that is the issue. There's a bunch of tiny ones, so be thorough with your inspection.

If it's not a vacuum leak, you'll want to get it checked out professionally.

Red40oz

since the car is currently in the process of being completely cleaned its not going anywhere, would a boost gauge aide in a diagnosis?

seph

yes, but you will probably be able to hear the sucking sound from a disconnected hose....

If it's idling just listen for the sucking sound, with the hood up....of course.

Blue GT

With a quote like that from your brother i would respond, if you think items that aren't yours are meant to be beat on, you dont deserve to borrow them.

Just my .02, my brother has totaled one of my cars (not really his fault) and banged up 2 others (his fault).

He can drive my car whenever he wants, as long as i'm in it!

Red40oz

i dont let him drive it that often considering he ruined his front bumper and still hasnt fixed it, he also messed my 2002 95's suspension up when i had that, damn expensive too fix too.

LostinMaine

8/26/85 - 5/23/10
my brother has beaten on my car without permission before so i quickly beat his head a bit (couldn't have hurt him he didnt have enough sense to not beat my car in the first place)

Latest posts

Back