Urabus's Subarus

Stein

Stein
like the new hood and rims! your car is awesome, someday I hope to have something as cool
default_cool.png

just noticed the "me Gusta" face on the firewall...CLASSIC
Reddit is mainstream now isn't it?
default_smile.png

DOES THIS MEAN I'M FINALLY COOL?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Car looks great, I liked the ricey hacked hood. This one definitely makes it look a lot smoother though, they're both cool.

urabusturbo

It has been a while since I updated this thread. As some of you know my motor got angry when I turned up the boost a few months ago. I had lots of fun with the extra power for a few days but it was short lived after the rings started to go.

smokey.jpg

(my friend getting sideways with his turbo fc rx7 in my spyhunter smoke trail)

I had to choose between parting it out or refusing to quit and rebuilding. I am too stubborn to give up now so against my better judgment I pulled the motor and began saving my pennies.

002-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

The body on my 92 SS is far from perfect. It has the typical rust and after hitting a deer the front was a bit off. It would be silly to get this far and put everything into a lousy chassis so I began searching for a clean shell. Turns out it is damn hard to find a un-abused clean first gen sedan, they are all driven into the ground and have crazy miles on them. After searching Craigslist for several months I accepted the reality that I would have to drive far out of state to find my clean shell..... Until this week when I found this in North Yarmouth

IMGP0241.jpg

93 Legacy with 66k on it. Purchased from the original owners who used it as their summer car when they came up from Florida. Now I just need to get the motor sorted out and turn this thing into a monster

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Excellent man! and yes it is hard to find a clean first gen legacy. Hope all goes well with the project. I can't wait to see more.
default_additional_popcorn.gif

urabusturbo

you do not want my old chassis. That poor car has been abused so much that it would be cruel to keep it going. I would like to hang onto it for parts anyways.

sooch

Type-RA
saw the link fresh craig posted on your wall on facebook somehow. ya that's creepy I know lolol. that 2k one in holden is a steal. I WANT THAT!!

GClark

I love that everyone calls him Fresh Craig.
default_additional_sillylol.gif
I might have found me a shell too Dave, and it's silver...

Last edited by a moderator:

urabusturbo

Time for an update. I have not done too much with the new shell since purchasing it besides driving it daily. I am still waiting on Butlers to finish the built 2.2t, they are taking forever .So far the only mods are sport sedan door panels/back seat swapped in, momo steering wheel, wrx seats, ss bumper proffesionally painted, non rusty fenders installed, ac deleted, rolled fenders, advan wheels with size 245-40-17 (wide), and a set of BC coilovers. My shell with the 6 speed still in it is at Mikes. I would like to swap the manual in first so when the motor is done so I have less to do at once. In the meantime I am trying to go over the entire car and eliminate any minor rust that I find.

Here is my most recent pic after the new suspension

001-5.jpg

:

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt

I think a tire is rotating the wrong way!!! Nice paint by the way. The guy who did that is pretty damn good

Latest posts

Back