Winter tires

Ryan

Blizzacks LM-22's were by far the best winter tires I've ever used. They are worth every penny. Unbelievable how good they perform. Anyways, I didn't have the cash for them the last time I purchased winter's, so I went with Hankook iPikes, and they are just OKAY...

stiXXX

<br />you cant go wrong w the general altimax arctic. same tread pattern as the gislaved nord frost 3, which are the best snow tires ive ever used.<br />
Got my 225/45/17s for $110 each @ Evergreen, but that's the average price anywhere...

Iboc_C64

I use 205-55-R16 WS-60 Blizzaks. I love them, have never had a problem, the are comfortable, quiet, and resist squaring up when sitting in the cold pretty well. They are also great in the dirt and great on bumpy roads. I would definately use 16s over 17s if you live out in the country side or anywhere where you will see potholes and frost heaves. Don't wanna ruin those crazy expensive stock 17s like I did. I have killed 2 17inch rims and 1 16 inch rim in almost 2 years of ownership.

2010wrx

Got to test out the General Altimax arctics in snow today and was extremely impressed, braking/ accelerating was amazing! You had to try to get the traction control to kick in. I think anyone with a subie could appreciate this tire... and its price is nice too.

General Altimax arctic are the way to go. My 2wd gets around great on them. Even after they were on my jetta the previous year. Just be careful if you stud them. Like someone mentioned, they dont have as much grip on dry pavement. My problem was locking the tires up but i dont have abs

coondogg

I had LM-22's last winter and they were a great tire. One thing that I noticed is that all (just about) are commenting that they have enjoyed the winter tires that they have used.

RedForester08

HanKook I-Pikes on the Fozzy. Awesome. Hakka's on the Impreza.(Thanks Gabe) Same tread pattern as the Hankooks but Mucho better grip. The are used with 8/32 average tread.Grip like new. Are they worth a $185 new compared to $95 for the Hankooks NO WAY.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I have the generals on this year. I think they could seriously benefit from tubes. They are SUPER squishy. My 15" pirelli winter carving snows were far less squishy than these 16" generals. but other than that I think they are fine. It was the first drive on them this morning to work.

hunterlord

I'm running down 95 to massholeachusetts each day so when it snow i put on my studded Winter Force 16"s and become the dominant auto on the highway.

Matt

ehhh...no studs......im running some vip artic claws....65 bucks a piece...super rigid sidewall...a little to ridgid

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I'm running down 95 to massholeachusetts each day so when it snow i put on my studded Winter Force 16"s and become the dominant auto on the highway.
what time are you heading south? and where do you get on 95? I probably have seen you a few times.

hunterlord

what time are you heading south? and where do you get on 95? I probably have seen you a few times.
i get on right before the big green bridge about 6am m-f. i drive for economy and no tickets on the highway for the most part so you may have passed me. i drive about 67mph with cruise control in all weather. i got amber driving lights,amber fogs and amber headlights on a blacked out outback with rear fog and way too many white leds on the license plate.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
i get on right before the big green bridge about 6am m-f. i drive for economy and no tickets on the highway for the most part so you may have passed me. i drive about 67mph with cruise control in all weather. i got amber driving lights,amber fogs and amber headlights on a blacked out outback with rear fog and way too many white leds on the license plate.
ok yeah I have seen you. I have a white 06WRX sedan with HID's, flaps, and a pair of Hella FF1000's on the nose. I have seen you a couple times on my way home in the evening. I waved once. Great looking ride man.

WashmyScooby

I am rocking Pirelli Sottozero 240s on my 2011 WRX and no complaints. I had a set of Blizzak WS-50s on my altima coupe before that and also no complaints!

tangoranora

I am using Kumho KR21's. They are great tires. Do awesome on pavement, real good on dirt, and good on snow/ice.

I thought about buying snow tires, but it would have been a waste of money and I am glad I didn't.

Considering after snow storms I drive ~20 miles on nearly unplowed roads and maintain 50mph with no sliding on corners and good braking, I would say they are pretty good.

The only problems I have had was braking on hills covered in ice. Simple solution, drive to the side where fresh snow is.

coondogg

When do you guys pull your winters off? I got my summer tires and working on refinishing my summer wheels now...

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
mine are swapped already.
....so I can blame YOU directly for the 5" of white glop in my yard this morning??!!
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back