00 Impreza 2dr coupe 5 spd-needs motor $800

smelt240

OK,Im not going to run through my reasons for selling again,read my WRX post.

I have a 2000 Impreza 2 dr. Green,body is pretty much rust-free in and out. VERY minor rear quarter rust,but has some dents on the doors,fenders etc. It was running but knocking when I got it. I drove it around for a while,the knock got worse. I said "you know what,Ive never done this before,heh heh." So I held it on the rev limiter up and down the driveway,through my woods road,with no effects. I pulled it into its parking spot,and held it some more. Finally,the motor slowed down and stopped. It will turn over,and probably run again.

So,here is the "needs list":

Motor. has a 2.2 right now.

One headlight assembly/parking light.Lights still work. Minor deer incident.

Steering column needs repair or replace. PO broke his key off in it. I have it set up for pushbutton ign.

DS door panel is missing the lower half. Dont know that story.

Interior is a bit dirty smelling. It sat for a year before I got it.

Now the good.

New alternator. by PO,as were all the new parts,just before the motor started knocking.He bought a new Legacy.

New starter

New clutch-less than 200 miles

New Motegi gunmetal rims,with new BFG Traction TA 195/55/15 tires less than 200 miles

New radiator

New fuel pump

K&N filter

All glass is in good shape

Comes with 4 steelies

My plan was to build a nice looking sleeper out of this car,using the motor out of my 93 Legacy SS. Now I might need the Legacy as a driver for a while (its automatic) The impreza is a pretty nice looking car. A little straightening of dents,and it would look great,plus there is less rust than I have seen on one of these yet.

$800 or Ill take $250 off for the wheels/tires staying here,and it will include the steel wheels. Pics will be up later after I get my ankle re-X-rays/MRI done.

Vecken

Too bad my 2.5dohc is too much of a wiring hassle to swap in. Otherwise this is the perfect project car I've been looking for. And I know this motor has just enough life left in it until I'm able to build a turbo engine for it.

Just a show of hands, who has a 2.2 or 2.5 to go into this?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Vecken, use your 2.5 block if it's healthy, and then slap the 2.2 heads that are on the car now, along with the intake manifold, and you will end up with a motor that has more power, and that actually runs.

smelt240

I actually have a guys name and number,he is in Buckfield. He has a 100k 2.2 out of one of these cars,well,a 99. Wiring is the same. he wants $400 for the motor.

Vecken

As much as I want this to be my first real project car I don't have the cash up front to do the work and I need this outback for a daily driver. Maybe next time. This motor has 240k miles which is a bit too much to handle the abuse I'd put it through even though it has no knocks and no leaks. $400 for a 100k motor is just too tempting though... I wonder if I can get student loans to cover it

smelt240

after some super smooth talking on my part,the doc says I can go back to work sometime next week(even though my whole foot is almost black,and doesn't move that well). But,if you do want this,I would still part with it. I should just finish the old legacy turbo....

Meyagi

I'm a hack
Vecken, use your 2.5 block if it's healthy, and then slap the 2.2 heads that are on the car now, along with the intake manifold, and you will end up with a motor that has more power, and that actually runs.
ive done this motor combination, and it doesn't make more power then a 2.5 longblock. the 2.2 heads have crappy porting and tiny valves. they dont make power even in boosted form.

smelt240

Where are you located? I am at least interested in checking it out.
Im in litchfield,about 40 mins north of portland. At this point,I will sell it without the rims and tires for $500. It will be rolling on steel wheels and junk tires,but will roll... I would imagine the new parts,plus a good 5 spd alone must be worth all of that. If it was me,Id throw the 2.2 at it,and enjoy the mileage. My OBS is getting almost 30mpg,compared to our WRXs at 14 and 17...

Vecken

I won't have the money for it in time and I'd rather see someone else build it up than have it sit for months before I can start working on it. I also spotted an 03 impreza wagon 2.5 locally going for real cheap. (Bit of rust and well loved but a great base for a pseudo rally car) hopefully he does not sell it too quick.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
ive done this motor combination, and it doesn't make more power then a 2.5 longblock. the 2.2 heads have crappy porting and tiny valves. they dont make power even in boosted form.
Yeah it's better with the phase 1 2.2 N/A heads, and I wouldn't think that it would do well boosted because of the very high CP.

Latest posts

Back