01 rs tire size

elbeau

Whats the widest tire I can use without problems? I have an 01 rs coupe withe 17 x 7.5 rims and a 40 offset.

EvilAsPie

This is an equation I have yet to figure out. There isn't much room in the rear between struts and fenders. You'll probably want to roll the fenders. I know I have seen 225s on stock rims and it was pretty tight. With the 40 offset you could probably get at least 235.

I'm sure someone on rs25 has figured this out. I havn't done any extensive research since I have event had the extra $$.

Interested to see what you find out.

Are you doing any competing with the car? Concerned about camber?

elbeau

If every thing goes as planned I want to start doing autocross and work my way up to racing at louden next summer... maybe some time attack? Right now I'm just trying to figure out how much rubber will fit under my new toy. As for camber that's going to need to be adjusted once I get done having my way with the car.

EvilAsPie

I know this car. I've seen it autox a couple time in rallyx trim. You'll def want about 1.5neg camber in the rear for autox with proper struts/springs and sways. 235s would be the save size with adding camber. But then again, what's stock offset 42? Might be close.

I'll see ya out there!!

Matt

im running 225/45/17 +48 and im very close to the fenders and strut. I do rub on bumps that are bigger than normal and if I really throw it into corners ill touch a bit. I need to make an appointment with mik to roll the rears after I do some rust repair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back