05 FXT 4eat-Premium Limited PSM-$4500

powdahbonz

Happy to answer any questions about the FXT as I don't have much activity here. Posted on Subaru Forester.org as well. 3rd owner, have records from 2nd owner and myself. 240,012 on the clock, 40k on motor rebuild, 45k on TD04, previous turbo failed on 2nd owner, twice and had new short block done by Charlies in Augusta after the 2nd fail-too bad they never subbed out the machine work and put the block together without any machine work so by the time I bought it, it was just waiting to happen. Had the car for 60 days before I dumped $5k into it. Problem with #4 and had burnt exhaust valves. Had intermittent codes from plug/coil issues.dealt with it and fixed. Lived-learned-drove 80/miles a day from Kport to kittery. Last May, rear diff. grenaded. Patriot wanted $4k+ for labor, rear diff. etc. When it was towed in, they were trouble shooting CEL, identified plug issue, swapped in new OEM plugs and tested compression, leak down and was even across all 4. I never asked them to do it-I had told service what the issue was with rear diff.-so that test was a beneficial freebie. However, they removed the new plugs, putting the old back in. What a waste...So I bought a Legacy and benched the FXT, found a rear diff from an 05 in a front end total with 98k, swapped with a buddy and we're back to normal. At this point, I don't have time nor need for 3 cars, don't have time for a build up, have other toys and hobbies. It's worth more than I'm asking but just want to move on. Recent things-new battery 30-45 days ago, new radiator last March, new tires.

The bad things I can think of...could use brakes in 5k-10k, plug install ( I have brand new OEM plugs from subaru) just haven't had time nor patience to do myself, the cd change 6 disc has 6 discs in it, can't get it to reset and eject, tried the forum suggestions, but the radio and WB radio are good, has an Infinity Basslink in the back which sounds excellent. Had to re-do the headliner as my youngest son at age 7 decided to leave daddy a note...in pen...on the ceiling. looks good now. The front lip was cracked by previous owner, plastic dipped and covered. There are a couple small rust spots. Like I said, happy to discuss any questions you have and answer to the best of my ability. Pm for phone and email

Forester XT-Left side.JPG

Forester XT-Right.JPG

Forester XT-Cracked front clip.JPG

Forester XT -rust bubble.JPG

Forester XT-Front.JPG

Latest posts

Back