05 STI ABS Code Reader

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Anyone know of a code reader than can do ABS codes on an 05 STI? It appears that after 04, you can no longer use the diag pin trick to get old school OBD1 style ABS light flashes. If not, maybe I'll have to take a trip up to see my buddies @ Evergreen
default_cheerleader.gif
. If I were closer I'd drop by, but the DCCD doesn't appreciate ABS having an issue at the moment, and I'd rather drive it as little as possible. I just need a code read, pretty sure it's a speed sensor. I can do all the fixing! :-(

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
you aren't going to cause damage to your center diff by driving with an ABS failure.

RyanR

you aren't going to cause damage to your center diff by driving with an ABS failure.
Lulz. The dccd relies on abs wheel speed info to make decisions, and a faulty sensor can cause massive binding at low speedks/(parking lots), which will damage your mechanical components with any kind of prolonged use. If my center diff was only $500 like the one in a wrx id risk it, but im not taking any chances as a new sti center is $2500.

Justin,

tactrix can't do it, and I don't believe accessport can either, good thought though.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

05RSKID

I have a scan tool at my work that should do it if your close to Holden I could scan it for you

RyanR

I have a scan tool at my work that should do it if your close to Holden I could scan it for you
I really appreciate it but like Justin said, I'm in the Brunswick area
default_smile.png

I called EG and they're too busy today to fit me in. Maybe Monday or Tues.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Lulz. The dccd relies on abs wheel speed info to make decisions, and a faulty sensor can cause massive binding at low speedks/(parking lots), which will damage your mechanical components with any kind of prolonged use. If my center diff was only $500 like the one in a wrx id risk it, but im not taking any chances as a new sti center is $2500.

Justin,

tactrix can't do it, and I don't believe accessport can either, good thought though.

Anyone have any ideas?
You can get around this by using the most uneven torque split setting in manual mode and using your parking brake switch to unlock the clutches in any parking lot situations. It's pretty easy. I have done it when moving rally cars around in the shop space and they have clutch diffs making it even harder to do the parking lot thing.

RyanR

You can get around this by using the most uneven torque split setting in manual mode and using your parking brake switch to unlock the clutches in any parking lot situations. It's pretty easy. I have done it when moving rally cars around in the shop space and they have clutch diffs making it even harder to do the parking lot thing.
Yep. Unfortunately my DCCD light is flashing, so I can't set it to any particular mode. When I do drive it right now, I click the e-brake up one click, and that seems to greatly reduce the binding, however it doesn't eliminate it. Due to the cost of a new center diff, I'd rather not risk it if I don't have to
default_smile.png

RyanR

Back from the grave.  I thought I would help someone else out if this ever happened to them by sharing my findings.  I figured this one out looking at the wiring diagram after the ABS module provided no helpful codes. It in fact said no CAN communication, which Bath Subaru (they were the closest to home at the time, and other local shops scanners couldn't read the ABS module) tried to sell me a new ABS module for, but I knew that wasn't the issue so I dug further.  The fuse for the reverse lights was blown, and is tied back into the ABS/DCCD system.  ABS/DCCD is tied into all sorts of shiat.  Probably one of the more wacky electrical things I had seen in a while at the time. 

Latest posts

Back