'05 STi Winter Tires

ianwaldecker

Just some info for anyone fitting winter tires on a stock STi.

I just put some new rims and tires on my '05 from tirerack.com. The cheaper wheels they suggest (ASA JH3) fit barely, very little clearance of the caliper and rotor. But they do fit and they look pretty good. The 225/55 17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS-50 tires also fit, but they are so close to hitting the front of the wheel well (when turning) that you couldn't slide a piece of paper between them. Note: this is only a problem of the fronts, the rears are fine.

I'd probably recommend anyone going for winter tires, and looking to save money, go with a 215/55 17, should be a better fit.

The new wheels don't seem to have much effect on the speedometer. I based my findings on the fact that I go about 40mph in 5th at 2000rpm....now I go about 41 at the same rpm. Haven't tested the ABS yet, not planning to until it happens on its own.

~Ian

Lawdawg

I opted to run the stock BBS wheels with OEM size winter tires. I am hoping to pick up some Prodrive P1s in Anthracite, but no fitments for 05 STi yet. Fingers are crossed. Anyone know if Prodrive will be making more 05 fitments?

S

silver bqqst.

I have no idea about that bret. See you tomorrow.
default_wink.png

A

audipwr1

yeah i noticed the tires made the car push even more than it used to. They dont promote drifting as well as i thought they would

Latest posts

Back