1993 impreza clutch

scoobiesforlife

how hard is it to change a clutch in a 1993 subaru impreza front wheel drive?

i am just curious because im thinking when the warmer weather hits, changing the clutch out, its making a rattling sound, my thought is its either one of the springs in the clutch plate itself or it could possibly be the throwout bearing.

it starts to quite down as im going through the gears, and it makes no noise at all when the clutch is depressed.

any insight will be helpful

Thank you

Meyagi

I'm a hack
if you dont have a lift read up on how to pull the motor

if it turns out to be something you dont want to tackle, you can bring me a clutch and 200 bucks and ill do it for you

scoobiesforlife

if you dont have a lift read up on how to pull the motor

if it turns out to be something you dont want to tackle, you can bring me a clutch and 200 bucks and ill do it for you

that might actually be the better option for me, any clutches that you would recommend?

Meyagi

I'm a hack
see how much a oem replacement is on ebay. ones for turbo cars are under 200 bucks, i bet a clutch for that car would be closer to 100

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
OEM is by exedy. check out ebay, amazon, and rock auto. get a new throw out bearing while you're in there, my guess is that's what is making your noise, but clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing are good to do all at once.

200 labor through mikey isn't a bad deal at all.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Most clutch kits will come with a throw out bearing, along with a pilot bearing. And that's a great price through Mike.

scoobiesforlife

i saw an exedy clutch kit on ebay for 145 with free shipping.

changed the oil today and it looks like the valve gaskets are leaking as well, is that something somewhat simple to do without pulling the motor, or would you like to tackle that as well mike whenever i get the clutch ordered and in?

scoobiesforlife

Exedy will be OEM replacement. No idea how the clutchmasters are. You aren't really putting a ton of power through it.
that is very true, it will be stock power until im able to afford either getting an impreza with the 2.2 and awd, or getting all theparts to make it an awd with the 2.2

Latest posts

Back