1997 OBS "Driving" Issue

Animal25RS

Recently bought a '97 OBS, has minor problems. Main problem that i've found and can't figure out what it is:

I start out from my garage, 1st-2nd-3rd-4th...all fine (always shifting at 2500rpms), get 2miles out onto higher mph roads, 1st-2nd-3rd all fine, but as i try to shift into 4th (there's a lag of power an my speed is dropping as my foot is on the gas, i have to really "STEP ON IT" to make it gain the power back and go!). 5th gear is the same way after i shift out of 4th (the lag process starts all over again)! Now that I'm approx 4miles away from my house, that lag process is happening to ALL THE GEARS. A buddy says its the alternator (its bad), true?

Please help!? Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Stein

Stein
Well, its easy enough to have the electrical system tested. Every shop I've been in has always advertised it being a free check.

Legacy22GT

is there a check engine light?

if so, then have the codes read at an auto parts place.

Advanced auto or Autozone will read the codes for free, and like stein said, they can also test the alternators

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
are your headlights getting dim while driving? if so, then it's the alternator. is the car shaking? maybe bad engine grounds

or stuck throttle?

Animal25RS

Found out that its the alternator.

Need some help from other '97 2.2 owners or subaru Guru's or people "in the know", I'm looking for a wiring schematic of the engine harness and i can't seem to find anything, i could use all the help i can get, please?

Latest posts

Back