2.2L block /w 1.8L heads questions

Killerbumblebee

hey all,

I recantly grabed a 2.2L block out of a 92 Leggy for cheap, it's in awsome shape, but rather than finding some 2.2L heads, I was thinking of using my 1.8L setup with the bigger block. A bunch of questions I have though

1. reliability...I realize that this setup bumps the compression up to about 11.5 to one, how reliable is this setup? I don't really want to blow anything up.

2. I plan on running 93 octain only in it, does anyone have any spark plug sugjestions to help it run smothly?

3. what do people sugjest I use for a head gasket. A friend of mine recomended a wider gasket to lower the compression slightly.

4. I do plan on using a piggy back EM of some sort soon on the car, when I do, has anyone tuned one of these? should I hold the timing in or advance it out? would it be more reliable if I let it run a little ritch?

5. how much power do you expect I'd be running out of this setup? I know a regulare 2.2L is around 130-135, with higher compression would I be seeing more power?

thanks guys,

-Ben

finally, has anyone ever thought about running a STi 2.5L turbo block with 1.8L heads? I realize you'd be looking at 13 to 1ish compression, but I'd expect that the block could handle it, as it's made for 19-20 pounds of boost...what do people think?

cperrine

Also looking for answers to this question (figure responding will bring post back to top)

Has anyone done a head swap???

Back