2001 rs....turbo?

Dan

So I have a 2001 2.5 rs.. I also posted Something about a CAI for the rs and got a lot of help so I figured I'd try in this forum again... Okay so the rs just hit 190,000 and since my dad is an auto technician and owns a auto business we decided to redo the whole engine but I really want to turbo it without doing a wrx or sti swap.. Was thinking high compression pistons to handle it? I was thinking only like 5 to 10 pounds of boost anyway... But worth it? Share your ideas!

Matt

sti pistons and rods are a direct swap for us 2.5 guys..theyll treat you much better than stock and you actually want to lower compression a bit with a turbo, these pistons will do it....its a lot of work to do it and do it right....don't forget the money too..youll need to knotch or swap your cross member for the up pipe, engine management is key....AEM FIC...google it....theres a lot more youll need, its almost the same as swapping in a wrx motor and merging a harness........some people will say you don't need a turbo, learn to drive it.....I say do what you plese....its your damn car......good luck

Dan

Thanks man! Helps a lot with what I wanna do.. Without breaking anything. I don't want to turbo it if I'm just gonna break POOP.. Maybe I'll just get an STI :0

abenson100

so im doing kinda the same thing. I have a wrx block with the rs heads on it in my 00. it can be done but ive got about 1200 in it so far and its not done yet, and im doing it cheaply. as for running sti pistons I did the math out and you would net 8.65:1 CR FYI. for the money the AEM is a good way to go with tuning (I chose it) but the greddy e-manage ultimate has more options for 100 more. also remember you need to find oil and coolant for the turbo and will need to mondify a top mount of buy a front mount becasue the RS manifold is deeper that the wrx. basicly unless you really like to fab or want to say a put this thing together my self just buy the AVO kit it works with your existing manifold and exhasut (you remove the cat section) and it bolts in. if you have more questions let me know
default_biggrin.png

Meyagi

I'm a hack
greddy emanage sucks to tune, I wouldnt buy one on that point alone. the interface is rubbish, take it from someone who uses different engine managemen systems...

Latest posts

Back