2004 Forester XT Limited - no rust, needs work

Status
Not open for further replies.
TONS OF PHOTOS AVAILABLE HERE: http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/4668427821.html

Up for sale is a 2004 Subaru Forester XT Limited. Automatic. Turbocharged AWD. 191K miles.

The limited trim means that it has leather interior, a HUGE sunroof (see pics), and the cold weather package that includes heated seats and, defrosting side mirrors, and a deicing windshield. 

Car is from South Jersey, and has NO BODY RUST. It has very little surface rust on the subframe and suspension components. This car looks to have been well taken care of, and has a lot less rust than any 2004 Forester you'll find that spent its whole life in Maine. This would be a great starting place for a project or as a parts car. 

THIS CAR DOES NOT RUN!!! 

I bought this car from an auto auction company in January of this year. It was advertised as "running and driving." The car came from an auction yard in southern New Jersey, and has an inspection sticker from New Jersey that was renewed in September 2014. I paid to get the car shipped up here, and when it got unloaded, it turns out that "running and driving" was a bit optimistic. The car started up, but was making the all too familiar rap-rap-rapping of a Subaru with bent valves. I drove it once around the block to see if the brakes, transmission, and electrical system worked, and they did. Then I pulled it into my garage, where it stayed for the rest of the winter. 

My goal with the car was to pull the engine and have it rebuilt, then put this back on the road as my daily driver. That was to be my summer project. But I just have too many other projects, a busy work load, and a 10-month old daughter that ate up all my free time. In the end, I able to get the accessories removed from the engine, but I never got the whole way to pulling it out of the car. 

The pictures of the car were taken when I first got the car last January, but the car looks the same today. It lived in my garage from the time I bought it until the first week of August when I finally put it out in my yard. I removed the front grille and some of the components from the engine bay, but they are complete, undamaged, and now stored in the hatch. 

At the bare minimum to get this car back on the road, you would need to rebuild the heads and get two new CV axles for the front wheels. You will also need a new battery. 

All of the car's electronics work. The sunroof, windows, power locks, stereo, seat heaters...I was able to test all of these things, and they were 100% functional at the time that I started disassembly. 

The car came with an aftermarket pioneer CD player with MP3 capabilities and AUX In. I bought a used OEM 6-disc changer to go back in the car, and both will be included with the sale. 

The windows in the cargo/hatch area were tinted with a mirrored tint that is almost completely opaque from the outside. Nobody will be able to see your valuables in the back end.

The Forester XT comes with the factor roof rails and the roll-out cargo cover. 

The car is 10 years old, and it does have a few scratches and door dings, but in general the body is in really nice shape and the paint is still in great shape everywhere except for the plastic hood scoop, which should be repainted or maybe plasti-dipped black. 

The front bumper was hanging at one corner when I bought it, and it still sits like that. It just needs two plastic bumper clips to reattach it. 

The only other problem with the car is that the rear driver's side wheel was cracked and was leaking air slowly. I replaced it with the full-sized spare from the trunk and ended up throwing the damaged wheel away. This isn't pictured. 

I have the title. It's clean (not salvage). Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the vehicle. It will need to be towed to your home/shop. It is available to look at by appointment in South Portland. 

Comes with two keys and one keyless entry fob (which works).

Available to view in South Portland.  

Feel free to email me with questions: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back